Dustcart ? Where are they

Glad to hear it went well at your local… :relaxed: :relaxed:

Is it really that important I have been burning most of it for 2 weeks now

You are presumably in a country/region which has not banned such burning… it has been banned in virtually all (if not all) of France for quite some time.

1 Like

Burning rubbish is illegal in france unless you have specific permission. It is a very bad practice.

1 Like

I think Mairies are allowing the burning of garden waste as the dechetteries are closed.

1 Like

Off topic but every time I see the header I remember the story of my cousin soon after he started school,the teacher showed him a picture of the a dustcart and said “What is that?” He smiled sweetly and replied “Its the shit wagon “

1 Like

Recycling bins are overflowing here and some have been taped off. :frowning:

Same here - we can fit absolutely no more in ours.

Is not a problem around here you are supposed to ask the mayor for a permit I did that ones and the told I was the first person to ask in a long time it is the country side I don’t burn anything in summers but allot of the French neighbors do it sometimes the fires burn for days that’s not okay but no one seems too care the have been doing for generations who is going too say anything about it it’s allot of that going around here

No probs here in my neck of the woods, (Central Burgundy-Yonne / Nievre) all refuge collections as norm.

Here in the Aveyron, recycling apart from glass, has ceased - the recycling bins have been turned upside down and I feel guilty each time I put normally recyclable material into the general bin. However I’m saving small things like batteries for when the dechétterie re-opens (but will never get used to ‘piles’).

In the meantime, waste paper (including once used attestations de déplacement dérogatoire and cardboard packaging) now go in to the poele kindling pile (unrelated to batteries or haemorrhoids), whilst non-compostable, bio-degradable garden waste is discretely scattered across the road, along the banks of the Lot - perhaps by next Spring it’ll be in Cahors…

2 Likes

Martin… which part of France are you living in… ??? because it sounds a little like Brigadoon… :roll_eyes:

that attitude towards burning… which you outline… is very old-hat… and now very much against the Law… as you know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :frowning: :zipper_mouth_face:

Actually, in my area of Nouvelle Aquitaine… garden waste is supposed to be composted/shredded/whatever by the proprietor and not taken to the Dechetterie… it is certainly not allowed to be burned.

and… please could everyone remember that this is the Spring period… none of the trees/hedges should be trimmed etc… to protect the habitat for the nesting birds…

@tim17 if your Mairie has given such a dispensation to its citizens… it will be published in the window/notice board thingy of said Mairie… so worth taking a look… (perhaps you have seen it already)… best not to burn without definite permission… none of us needs to have the Gendarmes on our tails… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I live in the wilds Stella, people have not stopped burning garden waste despite the change in the law.

… so it was, so it is and so it ever shall be… sadly :zipper_mouth_face:

Hopefully, there will be more folk who do show common sense and do the right thing… than those who don’t … or we are all doomed. :roll_eyes:

The people making up this laws don’t normally live in the country side

Ours turned up on schedule 1st thing this morning and quite caught us on the hop as they have been a few days late for the past two collections.

the Dechetterie Here in the dordonge have all dumpsters for garden waist to me it makes no sense driving to their when you can dump it in the wild if you don’t have your one land ask a neighbor just spreading it out in a forest is the best way don’t put in one place

Sadly, most Dechetteries have to pay a company to dispose of all the garden waste which they accept from the Public for free…

Which is why folk are urged to take responsibility for whatever waste they are “producing”… reorganising one’s plants/garden-layout is also being seriously suggested.

and… @Bajen spreading it on your own land… or with the permission of a neighbour… is excellent… but spreading/dumping anywhere without permission is (as you know) against the Law.

A derogationto burn rubbish may well be given to individual property owners particularly in country areas. That is what happens in our commune.