Energy prices well and truly on the up!

Last Monday I had delivered 1500L of heating oil cost for same day delivery +/- 1800 € looked today and the same would cost +/- 2447€

I’m being extremely frugal with my oil CH at the moment…

Looks like I have picked a good time to finally get our lpg central heating working :laughing: between the €900 for new parts, all the new pipework I had to replace and the 1 ton of lpg it been expensive, if it wasn’t for the bind of cutting and stacking wood I would have stuck with that.
The good thing is I still have 10 steres of wood sitting around.

we’ve got the hallway stacked with wood. hoping it will see us through the immediate future…meanwhile we’ll save our pennies towards next winter’s CH…

We filled our oil tank (1275L) last week for £850, and thought THAT was a lot. :frowning:

I need to start another thread…

1 Like

Apparently the French government is thinking of making another election bribe, oops sorry another “inflation premium” to the electorate in light of increased petrol fuel prices.

I think we were €2100 :roll_eyes:

Just to be on the safe side I’ve ordered 50 stère this year

I’m just getting too old for this stacking and cutting melarky :laughing:

1 Like

Do you have a pneumatic splitter - they take out the hard work.

What is wrong with that?

3 Likes

I’m not & just into my early 50’s, my last game of rugby was about 5 years ago. I buy the wood cut to 50cms. Have it delivered 5 stère at a time, so now a challenge… 50 stère over a couple of weeks, I enjoy the exercise, I find myself throwing the logs as in rugby though a lot heavier, if I was a bit older I’d do it over a longer time span and use a wheelbarrow & still enjoy it, the comfort and joy of seeing and having a good supply of wood. Watching the fire in the chimney and feeling the heat in the house, cooking on the wood burner, that’s my way of living and cooking during the Winter months. I can’t see myself fully central heated for a number of years yet if so I’d always have a fire to animate the living room and to cook on.

4 Likes

I have a thumb on one hand and 50% mobility in the other :wink::yum:

Yes, I can’t see you doing this as I do and would.

Er…

(1) it’s a bribe
(2) I don’t get it
(3) I can’t vote, but still have to pay the taxes that will realistically need to increase to sponsor it
(4) I’d vote for Macron anyway if I could vote. I don’t need bribing

Speaking as a normal French person who drives about 400km a week to get to work and back and has a house to warm and food to buy and gets paid not a lot (just like many people) I think we are a society and it is our government’s job to make our life a bit easier in exchange for our cooperation and investment, so it doesn’t shock me. We have already been dealing with the pandemic (quoi qu’il en coûte) which hasn’t in any way benefitted me but I don’t begrudge those it has, because we are all in it together.

12 Likes

I thought you would say that Vero. Sounds like I’m beginning to understand how a more redistributive philosophy works.

3 Likes

Which would you prefer @KarenLot , supporting people in hard times as Macron is doing (see my previous post as to one of the ways he’s doing this) or the approach of Boris Bunter and his schoolfriends, who really don’t give a shit about ‘ordinary’ people, how hard they have to work just to keep thier heads above water, or what happens to them as long as they vote for him. There’s a lot more I could say about these corrupt buffoons, but that’s an entirely different story.

4 Likes

Congratulations on being so restrained :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure if the UK government offered the people a cash payment a few months before an election, one or two eyebrows would be raised.