EV - buy or wait?

Electric boats were popular in the 1920s and 1930s on Windermere I believe.

1 Like

Yes my friends hired one near Streatley.

Good grief he is the Doppelgänger of Kenneth Branagh in his film version of Much Ado About Nothing.

2 Likes

More improvements using axial flux motors, engineered in the UK and going into Mercedes and hopefully others.

Please tell me it has a flux capacitor and can be charged by lightning.

:rofl:

1 Like

yes but only on certain days in a certain year. :rofl:

1 Like

I couldnt resist posting just for the humour :blush:

2 Likes

Oh dear, someone *really* doesn’t like his (3rd ?) new Ami :frowning:

2 Likes

Are they for sale in the UK now? In LHD? I don’t see any upside to having one in the UK.

Anyway, why would anybody with any self respect go online with a such a full on whinge. What’s the point? He sounds like Jeffrey Donaldson on the NI protocol. “I’m gutted, I’m gutted, I’m gutted…. Demerde-toi would be my advice. The first thing he should do is learn how to pronounce the name of the car :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’s a Citroen and it’s a Citroen built down to a budget, what could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

If his vids are monetised then, like everyone else on YT, for the lucre.

But, yeah, I’m not quite sure why he’s acting surprised.

Isnt Citroen french for lemon? :joy: ok a bit of a stretch.

1 Like

All cars are now built to a budget, it’s an unholy alliance between marketeers and bean counters. The last cars that I’m aware of that were built by engineers to a standard and then the beancounters totted up how much it should cost were the MB W124 series and associated models, eg W129. I had a new W124 from ‘95 to ‘98 and replaced it with a new CLK 230K. A dreadful mistake. I got rid of it and bought one of the last W129 SLs (at an eye watering price) which I kept for eighteen years. She was bullet proof :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I took an immediate dislike to him.

True but I try not to let facts get in the way of my clichéd stereotypes.

Life’s simpler that way and you are completely in tune with most of the media and politicians. But unlike them, your self awareness is admirable :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes they are. Back in 2000 we bought a new Zsara Picasso as the family car and it was very attractive back then with loads of room and seats when removed had more room for storage than the Berlingo van. Two weeks after buying, two airbags exploded (one in my seat burnt my shoulder), then the petrol pump packed up on the main road to town, the front brake calipers began to rub against the bodywork and after three visits to the dealer, they could not find anything wrong - it took our local garagist half and hour tofind that problem and it had to go back again. Finally after ten years of actually loving it when it wasn’t misbehaving, the dashboard started to fade so got rid of it as a trade-in for a Ford (absolutely, touch wood, never had a problem). My son had a C4 exec model with a chain belt but then something exploded in the engine and wrote it off and it was still under guarantee, he also went Ford after that! We had a Berlingo van circa 2001 which we bought in 2003, the lock on the steering wheel jammed so the key would not turn and the engine kept running and the discs had to be replaced just after. Never ever buy one again plus for the even more tinny models now, they are extortionate prices.

Back in the years, VW used 0.8 mm steel plate, to make the mk1 GTI so light and of course quick thye changed to 0.6mm steel plate for the pressings which gave them a weight advantage and of course for the red pencils in the accounts dept a bigger profit margin. Citroen dabbled with plastics on the body of the Espace to make it lighter and cheaper. The nose cone on the passat was a blow job again to make the production cheaper until they realised the paint wouldnt stick to it and then the production had to install a shot blast unit in to roughen the surface so the paint would stick.

Renault?

1 Like

Sorry Renault.