Exterior wall insulation paint

Hi all
Have read about an exterior wall paint which acts as an insulation for the wall. Can’t insulate from the inside due to a internal stair case that hugs the wall. Any ideas who may stock this paint.
Thank you

Due to the thickness of the paint it cannot offer much insulation so give up before you waste your money.

5 Likes

Perhaps contact whichever publication/website/whatever carried the article you read ???

These are junk products, snake oils, used to take in the unsuspecting.
Ground up polystyrene or whatever.

1 Like

Needs registration to read the whole article.

1 Like

I just insulated my garage from the outside by wrapping it with a Tyvek material and then attaching wood slaps and attaching PVC to them. The rain came and the garage stayed dry!
The Tyvek material is available at Castorama for the reasonable price of € 55.00 for 1,50m high and 20 m long. It can be attached with staples, but it takes work!

Ah… it’s good that your garage is dry, now…

I’m not sure, but I wonder if @imtiazhasan is seeking something which “insulates” re heat/cold… rather than the rain… ???

Stella is right, Tyvek is just a waterproof membrane, well it is on my garage anyway :grinning: :+1:

and blinking good it is as well

1 Like

Thank you Annie. Greatly appreciated

Exactly that Stella. Thank you. Looking for heat insulation paint.

You should by now have tumbled that the claims made by insulating paint are bogus. Used indoors it might just manage to reduce mold growth.
There is a really good reason why exterior insulation is 100+mm thick.

Well…it is available in France. But it is quite an outlay ! I suspect to get the best from this you would need to use their primer as well as their interior paint. This place is usually the cheapest. Guess at the equivalent of 16.61€ per litre it’s not that bad. Have seen it advertised elsewhere for 279€.

Thank you Rick. Brilliant recommendation. Thank you

Apologies spelt your name incorrectly Rik

No problem, happens all the time

Dont thank Billy or me for warning you, we just do it for fun.

If you are happy to do the recommendations and I have a starting point then it is a win win

We are externally insulating a wall for a similar reason, a barrier layer and then lightweight foam (?) blocks, and the all fixed down with bardage.

Tried and tested and guaranteed to have the stated effect!

1 Like

Ah… that makes sense… I thought some sort of decent thickness of insulation material might well be necessary.

So, it’s not just the paint on its own… but the whole kit and caboodle.

I’ve seen exterior cladding on various buildings (presumably with insulation underneath).
It looks very good and saves reducing the space indoors.

@imtiazhasan seems that you will need more than just the paint…

Make sure that the lightweight foam is not flammable! Otherwise it becomes a fire hazard and birds like to pick into it!
Another thing is that insulation does not mean that you do not have to air out the house, otherwise you will have a mold problem coming!