Facilities at Poitiers Airport

Hi all, can someone let me know please if there are any food outlets at Poitiers airport. I expect to be arriving there on a Sunday and, knowing that many shops will be closed, I’m wondering if I’ll be able to grab a sandwich and a coffee at the airport rather than venture into the city ?

There is a McDonald’s nearby, nothing really at the airport especially on a Sunday, the restaurant closed during COVID and didn’t reopen, vending machines only.
Poitiers is like a real airport, only smaller :smile:

Hi Mike,

I was there a week ago and there are no food outlets available in the airport at the moment other than vending machines for drinks, chocolate bars etc. However, there are some cafes / boulangeries / épiceries within 100m of the terminal.

Being France, I suspect they’ll be closed on Sundays. Have a look on Google Maps - the retail outlets are all just to the south east of the terminal, and Maps will show you the opening times.

There are vending machines and coffee machines but not much else
Best to grab a nice breakfast in Weatherspons in the UK.

1 Like

…if you’re happy to contribute to Brexit propaganda.

Or the propaganda, selling newspapers. Tim may be a brexit supporter but a lot of what is written is mud slinging. The alternative is buying a worse breakfast from another vender thats just as bad. Or go hungry, sadly there are no paragons of virtue in the airport departure areas.

1 Like

I prefer to take what he’s said at face value and, as a consequence, he’ll never see a penny of my money.

3 Likes

It’s laughable that you base your shopping/entertainment preferences based on whether the CEO or major shareholder of a business supported Brexit.

If Sir Jim Ratcliffe buys Man Utd will it lose 0000’s of supporters who voted Remain?

Do you stop wearing any Next clothing because the CEO thinks leaving the EU will be beneficial to the UK?

Do you never use your Dyson again and buy something else to vacuum the carpet?

3 Likes

I’ve never bought a Dyson and doubt I ever will. You may find it laughable but I’m quite comfortable not to knowingly give my money to those who deliberately chose to harm the country in the pursuit of benefit to themselves.

I don’t know who Jim Ratcliffe is and couldn’t care less about football or its “clubs”.

3 Likes

When we’re travelling, I have a packet of something to nibble on… as I mustn’t go tooo long on an empty stomach :wink:

Can you pack something, just to relieve the pangs of hunger, until you find a suitable eatery??

We had little or no say in the bringing about of the disaster so any crumb of comfort to make a small protest is worth the wait for several crumbs to eat.

Chucked my Dyson out years ago, too heavy and didn’t work well, wouldn’t buy another however the hypocrit voted. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, Stella, I think that’s what I’ll have to do. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss. :grinning:

1 Like

I feel the same way about P&O and the treatment of the staff and support companies of Kent, that was illegal and gov did nothing. Tim has the right to vote which ever way he feels as do we each be it from a misinformed naive stand point. He is just one person but his organisation has kept a lot of people employed and the press take aim at whatever he does because they are gutter scum selling disinformation everysingle day.

2 Likes

Yes, but that’s because the ones I had were crap.

3 Likes

I moved over to Shark, found them much better, less breakages. That additional roller at the front is brilliant for picking up and into the main brush. Still have Henry though.

I’m less concerned about what the press says than I am about the actual words that come out of his own mouth.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t have any remain supporters :slight_smile:

As a good remainer I bought a Meile in the first place… Madame thinks its still to heavy though

The weatherspoons debacle is wierd, a national institution, said it would start stocking ‘english’ drinks - but still sells vast quantities of euro stuff to euro people, a favourite haunt of poles … tyskie / staropramen anyone? The thing about spoons is in places it sells beer, and better beer, at half the price than the indifferent competition (greenking pubs). Yes it will employ people, at what pay rates I’m not sure though, and it may be reducing the staff employed elsewhere - possibly in good pubs.

And it can’t employ that many people - one never had a ‘weatherspoons wait’? :slight_smile:

Perhaps the institution is a little more than the ‘owner’ - maybe like ryanair?

1 Like

[quote=“tim17, post:13, topic:43775, full:true”]

Ratcliffe’s seriously problematic. But is a Brexiteer, and apparently a life-long Utd fan (originally from Middleton, a dreary suburb of north Manchester) a preferable part -owner to yet another sheikh or the creepy, crooked Glazers?

That’s one prob you don’t have at Leeds, tho’ of course, there’s a big new one. Sorry 'bout that - I still remember my former Utd teenage hero Denis Law, back in the colours of City score the goal that sent Utd down to the old 2nd Division. It was the only time I never saw him salute a goal - it was a trademark reflex backheel, but he instantly knew what he’d done. Hope Leeds return to the top flight as quickly as Utd did.

Unfortunately, I suspect that @tim17 may be the only person remotely interested in this digression from discussion of the facilities at Poitiers Airport. But I do love thread drift! For me, thread drift corresponds to the natural flow of informal conversation as opposed to the formally structured cut and thrust of debate. However, each has its merits and its place.

1 Like