Facilities at Poitiers Airport

My only comment is that I am glad French Airports don’t seem to feel that aTim Martin 24/7 drinking establishment is an essential part of modern travel…

2 Likes

Haha the daft buggers at Tours shedule meals around french eating times rather than flight times so they will be heading for bankrupcy soon . the british airports are not 24/7 but are around 18 hrs a day as the airports are busy, are the bars of Paris airports open long hours?

I’d rather discuss football than rattle on about Brexit again to be honest

1 Like

yes, best forgotten - maybe Never happened… the rotting body not be dug up, let alone (re)discovered… but she was so beautiful, the EU 28, now dead, coshed, her head smashed under the tory hammer of desire for power, to remain in power, to see off UKIP, so ugly that you must look away.

I do have slight skin in this game, Madame’s UK neighbour’s brother lives near Poitier -I’ll attempt to obtain a critique though may not be able to report in time whether the Poitier airport 'spoons will be open next Sunday…

1 Like

The only ‘facilities’ at Poitiers consist of a couple of vending machines, the cafe/restaurant closed 3/4 years ago which is a shame because it had a great view of the runway etc.

This morning, for some reason, I’d sell my soul for a nice fry up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done that you have the knowledge to do so. I don’t know my Arsenal from my Elbow United. Now, rugby is a different matter :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I struggle with Rugby so it balances

1 Like

Its similar but the playes dont roll around on the floor like sissies.

4 Likes

Unless they’ve had both their legs broken

6 Likes

Yes but with sissey fotballers their legs mend with a dab of that magic sponge ready to take their free kick :joy:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I asked the neighbour who said they were last there 3-4 years ago so pre-covid and there was one cafe on the top floor. So that’ll be the one closed.

She mentioned a large shopping centre nearby with an Auchan so probably closed on a Sunday. Thought that there wasn’t much nearby to walk to - but then she doesn’t walk much…

The airport is a two person job, with the same people booking in then running round the other side to do the loading etc

She said Poitiers itself is very nice.

Reminds me of a greek island airport I went through once - once checked in, we went to the Taverna 5 minutes walk down the road, very nice eating - we knew when the plane arrived because you could see it landing from the Taverna’s terrace!

It was a lot more than a cafe, a smart place for aperos by local companies as well as flyers, shame its gone.

Worth checking online if the Auchan centre is open… most open on Sundays… 9ish to midday…
Not sure if you want Poitiers-Sud…

I thought you were going to say that the pilot came in to tell you it was time to board. :rofl:

A small shopping park opened about 18 months ago, about 200m from the terminal.

There’s a café/boulangerie/buvette, a small health food shop and various other businesses including a restaurant, wine/beer shop and a dentist (?).
They are all closed on Sunday though, I’m afraid.

If one looks at the maps… LeClerc, Auchan etc… will all be there, not far away… and open on Sunday morning…
of course, PM arrivals will be too late… :wink:

Auchan is open Sundays but only 9.30am to midday. My flight is due to arrive about 4pm.
I’ll be travelling on from Poitiers by train so if there’s nothing at the airport I’ll probably pack some snacks/muesli bars to have en route and just wait until I get to my destination :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s like chez moi, when people need picking up at the airport I watch the plane landing or taxiing then get myself sorted out to get them and leisurely go down the hill - but I’m still early, usually :rofl: this is the view from my house, the arrow shows the airport, as the crow flies it’s about 3.5km

2 Likes

Haha much like the iconic series Fantasy Island

1 Like