Failed CT and confused

It’s a 2016

Thank Mark I will look into that one :face_with_monocle:
And Paul, I have asked myself that question ! Why not a switch , surely some one could have come up with that idea :bulb: :upside_down_face:

If you have the ALH system then the lights adjust automatically. http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda6-atenza/409113-do-you-use-mazda-6-alh-feature.html

Citroen c-crosser and yr 2007

Headlight beams are not simply a case of switching from one side to the other. I have a car with Xenon headlights which can be switched for driving on the right or on the left but the beam that you end up with is not the same. It’s a RHD car and the lights originally dipped to the left, they were adjusted to be safe to use in Europe and no longer dazzle the oncoming traffic. They do not, however, give an effective beam when on dipped beam as they have a flat beam that does not pick up the near side verge efficiently. I bought LHD headlights for the car because, despite being legal, it was not as good to drive after dark with the adjusted lights. My adjustable lights have little arrows on them, lights with a single arrow <- or -> show whether it is a left or right hand dip that can be adjusted to a flat beam, a double headed arrow <-> shows a light that can be adjusted to give a similar beam left or right.

To be honest I’m not sure - an auto-dimming feature was listed in the brochure at the trim level we selected but I have never seen any behavior similar to that shown in the video so I’m not sure whether we have it but it is switched off or we don’t have it.

It’s my wife’s care so I don’t drive it much but, being an estate, it is the one that gets taken over to France when we visit.

It’s something I need to look into, clearly.

Had a look on citroen club, seems that rhd lights should not dazzle when in europe, but in the long term should be changed at over €1000 each.
There are a couple of righthand ones on leboncoin €300 and less. keep looking.
It would seem logical for a french made car to have dual beam headlights. My Italian car does.

Try a breakers yard for the headlights first before ordering them. Be careful when ordering that the headlights are not ordered using the VIN number. The VIN number will specify a right hand drive car.
Our Hyundai Terracan had headlights that were adjustable within limits. The CT chap very kindly did them at the time. Our Astra needed a new set. The VW fortunately adjusts automatically.

Hi,

I really need a working link to explain this to the CT centres that have all told me beam deflectors are not acceptable. Still.

This link is broken. Help please

Hello… whoever you are… Please amend your Registration to show your Full Name as per our terms and conditions.

If you are not sure how to do this… please put your Full Name here and I will amend the Registration for you.

Cheers

If you are having difficulty with a CT centre… go and try another one…

We know that some folk have successfully used “beam benders”… have the CT folk explained why they are not suitable on your vehicle??? Perhaps there is more of a problem than just the direction of the beam… quite possibly you have not fully understood… :thinking:

got to be worth having another shot…

Well I’ve tried 3 now over 2 towns and 1 village. All say the same. People online say they are legal but I’ve yet to find that in black and white law so I can actually show them sadly.

I’m not misunderstanding anything thanks.

Ah well, seems you have 2 possibilities… sell the vehicle and buy something with correct lights etc for France…(possibly already registered here, which can save a whole lot of hassle) … or buy replacement lights etc…

1 Like

Yeah was hoping to avoid the headlight situation due to the value of the vehicle. But you’re right, I said to myself I’d just buy something in France ready to rock if this became hassle. Cheers.

Mark Rimmer in this site is the person who says they’re legal. Unfortunately the link he posted no longer works.

Was it just the head lights or or were there other things…???

If it’s just the headlights and the car is otherwise sound then although you don’t think so at the minute…it may just be worth sourcing the correct headlights on eBay and taking them to a local garage to get them fitted…???

I could fit them myself easily. Not sure if I want to spend the money. Yeah all other points fine.

Yes told them the link was broken, saw that. Annoying.

1 Like

What area are you in please as we will be bringing our car over soon.

Haute Vienne.