Fascinated by forum chatbots! Have you got one, SF?

They are Google magic, you can read all about them! https://get.outgrow.co/chatbots/?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=std_lp&utm_campaign=chatbots&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRzivoD9GmB29sTVSx94L8sxc9xAMUVIPsCv0mzIPXWuYDQG7uuiY82IwaAivGEALw_wcB

@anon78757855: they are GooglešŸ™ƒ

ā€œgetchatbots/?:neutral_face:ā€

ā€œDo I know you? Your voice sounds familiar.ā€

ā€œutmā€¦sourcemedā€¦ā€

ā€œIf Itā€™s home insulation or double glazing Iā€™ve had both done recently, thank you.ā€

ā€œ!j0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRzivoD9GmB29sTVSx94L8sxc9xAMUVIPsā€¦ā€

ā€œDid I catch RisAOzRzivo? Your voice is rather indistinct. I think we may have met. Does Cv0mzIP mean anything to you?ā€

ā€œMCj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRzivoD9GmB29sTVSx94L8sxc9xAMUVIPsCv0mzIPXWuYDQG7uuiY82IwaAivGEALw_wcBā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:ā€

ā€œWell, well, would you believe it! Itā€™s been ages! Are you still with 7uuiY? How is she doing?ā€ :hugs::zipper_mouth_face:

Peter, what is a ā€˜patronā€™?
Sinister, synthetic, a person that is not.
Ask Norman about the FB bot, it just spoke to him, too.

I asked the same question ā€œWhat is a patron?ā€ a few years back, Jeanette. I thought it meant a protector, a mentor and a source of guidance on values and right conduct.

In SF terms it means one who makes a small regular contribution to the enterpriseā€™s funds, so as to help keep the wheels turning, so to speak. No more than that.

What did you have in mind by your question to me? :thinking::grinning:

1 Like

I could get one made, a bot to replicate (ie copy not" like"!!)" one of these two. The guy who thinks hes a unicorn may be best,.for me to supply answers, :blush:. https://youtu.be/WnzlbyTZsQY

Yes we have, you can message it like anyone else @discobot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Discobotā€¦???
. No use at all SAYING anything to my tablet, with or without your green moosh, on it. Its antique.

SPEAK!!!
what can you do?
I donā€™t believe in this at all. This is a Trick.
ā€¦???..to get OAPs doing daft things with their Kit.
Same as my mother, she used to have conversations with the speaking clockā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not kidding you! Itā€™s called discobot because the software that runs SF is called Discourse :slight_smile:

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start tutorial

Starts one of the following interactive tutorials: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you ā€” Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

OKā€¦so.
ā€¦ā€œruns SFā€ā€¦
ā€¦means what, exactly?
Frinstanceā€¦is this message Iā€™m replying to, the creative product of ā€¦
The Bot SF?
How do I know which is Bot, and which is not?
The Bot in my vid, could very easily be almost any sf poster, inc two called James and Cat.
Thereā€™s no way to tell, if I speak to Human or Not.
At present.
If I askā€¦ā€œare you a Botā€, of course you, if you are a Bot, will have been preprogrammed to recognize that as a danger zone, and have a selection of replies, all plugged in and ready to use.

I might be quite alone. No other humans anywhere.

It occurred to me, only very recentlyā€¦
"In a time where bots drive more than 60% of web traffic, itā€™s reasonable for consumers to be wary of chatbots masquerading as humans.

This variety of bot talks with you on sites such as Tinder and Facebook. Programmers design chatbots to simulate real conversation long enough to convince you to buy something, click on a link or offer personal information."
I donā€™t in fact, think ā€œJamesā€ or ā€œCatā€ ā€¦are really a couple of Bots. However, I donā€™t know why I think that, or why anyone else would.

60% of web traffic? Is pure BOT.
There should be no surprises then, for all the possible and easy to fix, www scams, mind controls, elections, sales, etcetc, globally. I think. Not sureā€¦

How do you know you are not human?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I asked the bot if it had an opinion on Boris Johnsonā€™s competence as PM and got the same sterile reply.

I told bot I thought its reply was disappointing, and asked, ā€˜Could you try again?ā€™ and I got the same plaintive answer.

It stirred something in me. It was pity. The poor bot was doing its limited best to keep my attention, and to encourage me to engage with it on its own rather pathetic terms. Got my parental juices running. :hugs:

Not so daft as it first appears, but it might do better if it grew a better set of features, maybe if it blinked or winked? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
2 Likes

Brilliant. 1977!

The small figure in the bottom right is in constant motion, at least to me ā€œsheā€ is, unless this is an optical illusion. Has anyone else been affected in this way, Bob?

Yes Peter! And (as per Mr Bots request, everyone interested) Its no wonder that bot/human interaction, love/hate stories are multiplying. !!
Heartbreaking.
Must be, or could be, that a sad, sterile, underperforming, unresponsive, heavily controlled, locked-up-for-ever-inside-an-airless compartment of a thing barely reminiscent of a human shapeā€¦reminds so many people of themselves? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
No escape, created, and obliged to take part.
Dismantled, scrap heaped, if resisting!
I remember that!

ā€œI ought to be thy Adamā€
But like Frankensteins monster, not up to the job.