Favourite Biscuits

Ah I see!! Not quite the same thing :slightly_smiling_face:
Izzy x

1 Like

HobNobs @Yorky1?

2 Likes

I’ve found that some of the biscuits called Crackers in France seem to fulfil much the same role but are smaller… Like these (if the link works)

https://www.intermarche.com/produit/crackers-nature/3250391550098?itemId=32552

There are TUC biscuits of course - even Lidl have those…

1 Like

cheese in France is not meant to be eaten with biscuits… fingers, penknife or a knife and fork :wink:
and absolutely no butter on the bread :roll_eyes:
Speculoos perhaps with coffee, biscottes for breakfast with compote mmmm

3 Likes

You can’t beat a bit of roquefort with plain digestive - and the reason I don’t have either in the house right now…I’d be munching right through them :grinning:

2 Likes

Palm oil!

1 Like

@KarenLot always have Bath Oliver in the cupboard :yum:
IMG_4508

3 Likes

Rich Tea biscuits
I could and have eaten a small packet before now .

1 Like

Not the savoury ones. :grinning:

1 Like

Suddenly reminded me, when we first came to France together on holiday 30+ years ago, we used to stop at the first service station and I’d make a beeline for Bonne Maman sablé biscuits. The ones with the soft hazelnut centres - ideally with chocolate outsides. So French, so exotic at the time and delicious. I’d buy a packet for us to eat in the car as we travelled south through all these quaint French villages :grinning:

4 Likes

I was given these biscuits as a present - they are made with Comté and from the Haute Savoie

. Fortunately I don’t think I can buy them around here as they were devilishly good!

I’m with Izzy on the ginger biscuits :star_struck:

1 Like

I love rich tea as well. Can use up a whole cup of tea dunking them!!
Izzy x

There’s not as much chocolate on them as there used to be, mind.

3 Likes

Ginger nuts for me😋 - and you can dunk them!

2 Likes

Now then… I’m thinking chocolate coated biscuits should be in their own category. Always loved a Club biscuit. Will get my thinking cap on for my favourite!
Izzy x

1 Like

Speculoos are great in many ways…
I use them in chocolate-brandy cake (replacing 50% of the plain biscuits in the recipe)

Speculoos painted with chocolate are very popular but they need “painting and eating” within 48hrs to be at their best.

Crumbled and sprinkled over stewed apples (or almost any fruit) or stirred into yoghurt… sprinkled over ice-cream…

this list is not exhaustive… :+1: :rofl:

4 Likes

The cheaper low cost Lidl shortbread, buttery, not so sweet, a bit of salt and a better crunch than the competitors. Might be a UK thing but I do pack them when we travel :wink:

1 Like

My all time favourite

5 Likes

Ahh the dead fly biscuits :grinning:

4 Likes

I have a recipe somewhere for Garibaldi, can dig it out if anyone wants it

1 Like