Favourite Biscuits

You can buy them online and get them delivered to your door :slight_smile:

Cheers - Steve

3 Likes

I used to make shortbread in UK… had a lovely mould which must still be packed in one of the many boxes we’ve yet to open… :wink:
(OH says if we’ve not need to open 'em in all these years, there can’t be anything very important inside… :rofl: :rofl:)

3 Likes

Jammie-Dodger-plain

Jammie Dodgers.

3 Likes

I agree with your husband😃

3 Likes

me too…
OH is a hoarder - comes from her days as a schoolteacher I think. Garage is full of boxes which she says she’s working on…

3 Likes

I recall making something similar, many years ago… before I discovered how to cook edible stuff :wink: :roll_eyes:

They didn’t look bad, but were rock hard and could be used as doorstops or building blocks… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

perhaps even as buffers on Nigel’s car see this post :wink:

1 Like

Lovely cheesy biscuits from Michel et Augustin - All yummy but the Beaufort are my favourites - l can demolish a packet with a glass or two of Pinot Noir in no time at all :innocent:

And quite a few other flavours and they do the most delicious cookies

2 Likes

Do you have the response “I know what is in every box” as she buys something that you know is in one of the boxes!

2 Likes

OK, favourite chocolate coated biscuits. I can only manage 2 at a time they are so rich. Haven’t had them for months sadly.
Izzy x

Don’t even think about it. Horribly tedious recipe.

1 Like

Do you mean disgustingly sugary?

does it involve scooping up dead flies? :face_vomiting:

Not disgustingly. Nothing wrong with the occasional sugary treat. Everything in moderation.
Izzy x

2 Likes

Obviously open to interpretation but as you cant eat more tha 2 there is something your body is telling you.
There is everything wrong with sugary, high fructose corn syrup anythings.

1 Like

Not sure what they ate called but the Hob Nob things with chocolate in the middle. And Tim Tams of course! I rarely have sugary treats now so try not to buy them! Mmm chocolate digestives too :heart:

3 Likes

Yes, that I eat very little sugar and that 2 of these is therefore enough.

We will have to disagree. In my experience, life is way too short to deny myself the very occasional high sugar high fat treat.

2 Likes

forgive my intrusion Izzy… but why shorten it even more by doing so…
I write from the experience of too many close calls to health issues in recent years and taking positive steps to improve my overall general health (a battle I seem to be winning - without, I hasten to add, resorting to sugary, high fructose corn syrupy things). I’m certain you have the strength of character to achieve similar…
Go on, bite my head off now :wink:

1 Like

I am busy making Chinese snowskin custard mooncakes right now, not very sweet but very delicious - if they work I will take photographs, if they don’t work we’ll just eat them without photographing them :grin:
I don’t really like biscuits and find all those packet things far too sweet for my taste. Chocolate Olivers are pretty much the only edible chocolate biscuit.

2 Likes

Nope!!! We all have different priorities. My own health is at the best it’s been for many years having lost lots of weight and got my diabetes firmly under control. It’s been hard work and I’ve had to deny myself lots of things that I enjoy. The occasional unhealthy snack is what helps me keep on track with my weight etc. It may seem counter-intuitive but it’s true.
I’m happy for you that what you are doing works well for you.
Izzy x

7 Likes