Favourite Biscuits

Because people are starting to graze on things like packet food and biscuits à l’anglaise, instead of eating proper meals. As my children’s CE1 teacher said " Les Américains mangent n’importe quoi à n’importe quelle heure, voilà pourquoi ils sont gros".

3 Likes

Incidentally… re biscuits and all favourite things… which we’ve loved/enjoyed since childhood or whenever…

Seems to me that certain recipes have been changed over the years… (and without my permission… :roll_eyes:).
Possibly/probably to do with costs of manufacturing etc etc etc… and it’s not just biscuits of course…
But as we’re on a biscuit thread… I’ll stick with them.

If someone seriously does have a problem with the content of a particular “modern” biscuit recipe … (bad fat/oil etc etc)
there can often be found a delicious artisan product which , if it doesn’t match exactly… can be almost as yummy… with natural and definitely “good for you” ingredients.
and the voyage of discovery, from one artisan biscuit to another artisan biscuit …
can be a long, delicious adventure… :+1: :+1: :wink: :wink:

and a waft of good quality, really dark chocolate… now and again… mmmm

1 Like

Not just snacking but also the increasing consumption of fast food and sugary soft drinks.
If I recall, when I first came to France fast food consisted of pizza, McDonalds and Quick and that was about it. Then came Burger King and KFC etc and I expect even mor brands since 2018.
Izzy x

Even better I’d say !

1 Like

Biscuits and more biscuits are what we need… (with maybe the odd orange-cake…)

1 Like

Lighthearted and cardio vascular disease haha see what you did there! :smiling_face:

1 Like

A lot of Fox’s are sold in M&S under their brand name, these definitely were

1 Like

And these beauties…

4 Likes

Ah but!!! Are they biscuits? Clue’s in the name I think!!! :wink:
They are good though. :yum:
Izzy x

1 Like

Or in tiramisu replacing the lady fingers

Grandchildren demolished three boxes of these on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Biscuits are memories. They take you back.

When I was at primary school in Beirut (that’s another story) we used to bring a biscuit that was something like an arrowroot base with an icing picture on top. We’d trade pictures to get the ones we wanted and then munch them slowly together, dirty finger prints and all.

I expect they were revoltingly sweet, not to mention microbe covered, but I treasure the memory and look for them along the long supermarket isles in a sort of quest.

3 Likes

we called those “animal biscuits” in my childhood as they were in animal shapes and stamped like animals. Then the thick brightly coloured icing…
I rediscovered them decades later. They were just as good

must confess I used to enjoy some of the dog’s biscuits… various shapes… :wink: I think the red ones were nicest…

3 Likes

Oh no - the black ones. :grinning:

3 Likes

you were obviously as daft as I was… :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Spillers shapes? The oval cream-coloured ones were nicest! And Bonios!

3 Likes

You lot are barking :joy:

2 Likes

Proud to live in the Aveyron, where the good citizens of Millau burnt down their local McDo

2 Likes

I thought it was "dismantled " by Jose Bove and followers over a row due to US import taxes on rocquefort