Feral cats

Absolutely Harry, but try telling our cat that. She doesn’t like dogs, other cats or most people. In fact she barely tolerates us! :pouting_cat:

1 Like

Any cute lil orange ones???

Lots of cats looking for loving homes at the SPA’s in France. They are kept for a very short time before being destroyed :cry:

1 Like

Sad they are destroyed. I once took care of 15 cats cause people would abandon them and during the winters were so harsh they could freeze to death. Of course all kitties were vaccinated, spayed/neutered before i found them all new homes!:heart_eyes_cat:

Sadly here in rural France there are a lot of feral cats because those who have cats don’t bother getting them sterilised. This leads to the poor female cats having litter after litter of kittens in any place they can find to bed down.
The farmers like to have a few cats around for obvious reasons but again they are not cared for.
The hunters don’t like cats, a French friend who has a lot of land let the hunt use it. They are now banned as they shot and seriously wounded his cat.
My own cat is one I rescued, she is semi-feral but I managed to get her to the vet to be sterilised and to be examined. Had a stomach infection and part of her back paw was missing after being caught in a trap. After a couple of years of TLC she is now a lovely companion for my mum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awwwww…i love your cats story! A mother cat had two kittens in our yard…but the next day i only saw one. And now im not sure where they are at all!! Makes my heart sad to know they sleep in the cold.