Fibre Optics latest news

just a rehash of the same thing they always say nothing has changed. orange though are aiming for completion by end of 2019

I was aghast to see just how many communes/regions have absolutely nothing in the way of Fibre… :zipper_mouth_face:

and in the “lucky” communes, there are only about 30-40% who have actually got FO in their homes…

There is a long way to go if they are to meet the target, which has already had its goal posts moved to 2022… …:wink:

stella my internet on a good day is 1.5. on a bad day like today im on less than 0.7

We had fibre put into our commune and some outlying villages last year. We are too isolated to have it directly, but only 3km from the hub. I just put an app on my Samsung tablet to check. Get 13.5 download, 1.5 upload.

me ping 33, jitter 81ms, upload 8.92 kbs and upload 9.39 kbs. no i have nothing else running but zero loss.Screenshot_2018-04-12-10-20-54

Bit slow this morning - can be up in the 70’s !! :slight_smile:

theres a word for that but it will get me in trouble lol.

been downloading a game for 3 days only 23 gig and its still not finished

1 Like

Heck Harry - I think I’d go into meltdown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

why is your results from usa Massachusetts

1 Like

I use http://speedtest.xfinity.com

Here’s the Ookla one - bit faster !! :slight_smile:

just restarted my internet and ran it http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JFW9I4FXX7SVMVT

1 Like

That’s just showing off​:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

When you’ve got it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See - better already Harry !! :wink:

hahaha for 30 seconds and now its back down again under 100 kbs

Ahhhhhh - no staying power :wink:

nope i am the very last house on the line and we are nearly 7 km from the box

ironically if they swapped my line to connect to the house and line opposite towards the big town i would only be 2.3km from the box. alas i’m connecte to the village box.

No idea what it all means:

1.98Mbps Download
1.59Mbps Upload
Latency 120ms

I just know we are too far and yet not far enough… :thinking::upside_down_face: