Filing UK tax self assessment.- UK rental income

Hi All,

I have some questions regarding filing my UK tax return to declare rental income as a French resident. Does anyone have any knowledge here ?

In particular, do I need to apply for double taxation relief?m form? Do I need to fill out a resident remittance form?

Thanks

Tim

I fill in SA100, SA105 and SA109.

And then I include the amount on my French return in due course.

You are aware that the deadline for paper returns was the end of last October? Have you already registered with HMRC government gateway, and in which case you could buy the commercial software and submit online?

Otherwise send you return in with an explanatory letter saying why it is late and they might let you off if it’ the first year.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I realise I am late. I am mentally prepared to pay the fine, but I will try a groveling letter to get off it.

This may be of help -

1 Like

Thanks both. I have bought a software license for a bit more than the cost than a tracked letter, but it will at least give me until the end of February with the extended deadline to submit.

One question, the HMRC asks for a document from the tax authority of the country of residence that proves tax residency in that country. Does anyone know what document this is? I had a guess that it would be an attestation from the DGFiP, but at first glance, I couldn’t see anything in my Impots.gouv personal page.

Have you had a French tax bill, as a copy of that should be proof enough - it includes your numero fiscal

Out of interest, what is the software you purchased???

TaxCalc

I thought about this, but the time periods don’t line up? So, maybe send two?

France form individuel - (double tax treaty) many references and advice on this website and others and (hey) of course gov.uk

print it out, fill it in, take it to your impot office, show them your CdS, get them to stamp it. Scan it, copy it, send scan to HMRC (after phoning them to say its on the way.

1 Like

Agree with Larkswood…:+1:

1 Like

Do you need to submit these every year??

Just the once for trance form individual.