Fitting a wood burner - possible in 2022?

We’ve had a déchetterie card requirement for 2 or 3 years now here in the Pays du Bray (Seine Maritime).A limit of 15 cubic metres a calendar year for any items, plus 10 cubic metres for green waste. The nice people at the déchetterie said that to their knowledge, almost nobody (bar artisans) has ever needed more than those amounts, and also hinted that the official limits are in any event …‘flexible’!

sounds interesting… how does your Decheterie measure what you take there… ???

The chap at the déchetterie entrance glances briefly at the fully packed load in the car interior, asks me what I’m bringing in (ie green or non green waste) He then does a split second (no doubt) highly scientific calculation (!), then enters the estimated quantity on the card when it’s inserted into his hand held card reader. I’ve occasionally asked him how much headroom I still have on the card, and he just smiles and says ‘beaucoup’. I go most fortnights (no limit on the frequency here) and apparently still don’t come close to the 15m3 of waste/10m3 green waste annual limits…

Yes, for an idea of scale, the volume that 15m3 represents - one of these vans chock to the brim.

1 Like