Fitting a wood burner - possible in 2022?

An ultra-wide angle lens (favourite trick of some estate agents) may exaggerate just a little.
:wink:

Yes, the house is very French, and there is a certain charm to this style, although it may get a little updating soon (I hate the ceiling tiles, though my wife is quite happy with them). There is a bed in EVERY room except the bathrooms.

1 Like

Well spotted. It seems my wife has a detachable head that comes in handy when inspecting the mattress of the beds we have just acquired!

:laughing:

1 Like

Cats do that too!

3 Likes

If you are refering to the loi ecodesign , then it is not true that you cannot put a closed woodburner in a new build read La directive Ecodesign 2022 sur les appareils de chauffage or
Loi Ecodesign 2022 sur les poêles à bois : que dit la loi

I love coal. :+1:

I like the smell, but for reasons already discussed, it’s not a fuel of choice.

2 Likes

Are you pregnant? :joy:

1 Like

Last time I checked - no. :rofl:

1 Like

You can have a nap in the kitchen or living room :rofl:

Apparently I’m being a little slow… ?

I was just commenting on the beds, which I saw had already been mentioned after I posted, so me being slow not you :rofl: I do love a nanny nap but a bed in the kitchen is one too far :rofl:

1 Like

When we’ve shown friends pictures of the house and said that there’s a bed in every room they haven’t always quite believed us. :laughing:

1 Like

Out of interest, what is a déchetterie card ? We don’t have those around where we live, and I’ve certainly never been asked for one at any of the three déchetteries I’ve been to over the years since moving to the area.

These are coming-in next year in my area… but they’re not across all of France (yet)
In the past, never needed to give more than my name/address and now I just give a smile and we greet one another like old friends…
but from 2023 I’ll be barred without my card, no matter how brightly I smile…

I believe our “card” will entitle me to 2 free visits per month…

1 Like

We get 20 a year which I frequently almost use up in two to three weeks when we are over.

We are going to need to investigate this with the Marie in a few weeks.

This is one of the things I really don’t get with France’s eco-management strategy. I’m not a massive user of the déchetterie anyway, but I would be somewhat aggrieved to learn that my taxes only allow me to go to the dump twice a month, especially given that the nearest is hardly ever open, and the one that is open on days that are more useful, is 20 km away. There are people even further away from those around us. I would think, that such a system can only incite more people to dispose of their rubbish in the countryside, or elsewhere. Plant material rubbish, for example, hedgerow trimmings, could easily fill 2 trailers’ worth - why would I then use up my trips to the dump when I could just burn them on a rainy day (or bury them on the compost heap) ? Similarly, if I had old cupboards to take to the dump, why would I do that, when I could chop them up and burn them (e.g. in my home fireplace) ? Most of these quota systems appear to be designed for urban dwellers, and are poorly thought out for countryside dwellers, as usual.

1 Like

I’m in the heart of the countryside… with 2 decheteries each about 15km away… both know me well, but not sure about the future.
I’ve got the paperwork about all this , somewhere, and really must re-read it before 2023.

With the garden cuttings I try to shred/ chip and re use each year but thats only about 50% the rest has to go for composting at tbe dechetterie.

@Corona Are you talking about France or UK ??
Sorry, I’ve just re-read the thread and I realize you mean France.

If private individuals need more than the “allotted number” I believe there is a small charge… but as you’re not here 24/7 you are obviously OK.

For businesses there is a different set-up…