Flowers pictures

Keep it under control… show it who is in charge… :slight_smile:

1 Like

We plant a rose along with the ashes of our lost animals - this one is for our 14 year old Madame Bovary (Bouvvie) who we last last year - we sometimes called her by her full stage name ‘Queen of Sheba’ (the rose)…

All our animals are pushing up roses associated with their name in some way…we talk to them - barking mad I know but it’s lovely for us :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I like the idea Simon :+1:

1 Like

Our Christmas Cactus is in full bloom at the moment - what’s all that about??

2 Likes

Unexpected guest today on my picture !

5 Likes

My ancient wonderful labxpointer is under the pink roses and her feline best buddy is under the white ones, they died not quite a fortnight apart :cry:

4 Likes

Thanks Elisabeth we also have the following roses:

Benjamin Britten for Benji
PG Wodehouse for Jeeves
Charlie’s Rose for Charlie

4 Likes

Nothing mad about talking to those we have lost…love does not die… and reliving happy memories, hopefully, helps make the parting more bearable… :relaxed:

3 Likes

Lovely idea Simon … I still ‘talk’ to animals and people I have lost over the years. Always be in our thoughts …:hugs:

3 Likes

Bought a Jasmin to go with the other which is very happy climbing up the new cladding. It’s a different variety and smells gorgeous :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love the scent of jasmine, on the evening breeze… just needs a comfy chair and a glass of something… perfection :hugs:

2 Likes

Not jasmine, Trachelospermum jasminoides, it is hardier and will grow like mad. Nice colour in autumn too, but not every year nor all over, weird!!

Just tooK this picture now at 21.30 in the courtyard so rather dark.

1 Like

I’ve still got the ashes of one of my gorgeous girls almost two years later…cremated here…I think it’s probably time to “let her go” and I’m not sure why I haven’t yet…maybe because I’m still putting down roots myself…It’s not mad at all to still talk to them…I do all the time…I don’t think you can ever underestimate the grief of losing a four legged furry friend…If ever we talk about her all this time later I’m still on the verge of tears…My Collies past and present over the years have been there through some very difficult times…listening to my ramblings with no judgement and loving me whatever…I think maybe it’s time to choose a rose for her…Her name is Sky…:heart: image|281x500

5 Likes

Helen here’s one called Sunny Sky from Thompson & Morgan.
ROSE-T64777P-A_h

5 Likes

We’ve got Jasmin growing in our garden, but I must admit it’s not doing as good as yours. Well, in fact I’m not sure Brittany is the best place for it. But Honeysuckel doing fine !

4 Likes

Thankyou Simon…That’s really beautiful…just like her…I was just thinking about my favourite photos of her…(I’ve lost many on dead phones but have kept all the dead phones on the offchance I might be able to retrieve them one day…)

This was the photo I was thinking of just as you posted about Sunny Sky…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful rose, lovely thought … :hugs:

1 Like

Jasmine grew well in Portugal, beautiful scent in the evening :heart:

1 Like

Hydrangia Confusion on the banks of the river Meuse at Mouzon

4 Likes

3 Likes