Flowers pictures

I love these …Datura (Datura stramonium), herbe du diable toxique, also called Angels Trumpets but they are very toxic …

I think these are grape vine flowers (with obligatory border Collie)

3 Likes

1 Like

bryone, navet du diable, couleuvrée, vigne-blanche, herbe de feu, rave de serpent, mandragore grimpante… Be carefull, it’s very toxic !

1 Like

Something delicate and beautiful…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some type of Iris…??? (With obligatory Border Collie…x :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Lovely contrast :wink:

1 Like

Helen, they can be highly poisonous. Here is a bit about them in wikipedia

1 Like

It’s growing at the base of an apple tree (in my outback wilderness) felled at right angles by La Tempeste…it’s also growing up my wooden barn out front…last year I picked a bunch of “grapes” and ate them…no wonder I thought they tasted a bit sour…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Carefull Helen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nigella Damascena, lovely. I have different shades of blue, white and pink in my garden.

2 Likes

Flippin’ eck…good job I didn’t decide to try and make homemade wine out of them… x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hemerocallis, commonly called day lilies. Wish they lasted longer.

2 Likes

Yes there is a sudden blaze of glorious orange flowers but they go over very quickly…My neighbours have a climber that grows up and over an archway to their front garden…that’s beautiful too…it flowers a little later and is a slightly deeper hue of orange…gorgeous …x :slight_smile:

This is the first year that we have had flowers on this shrub - does anyone know what it is please?

4 Likes

Looks like Chitalpa (chitalpa tashkentensis) to me, (not to be confused with Catalpa whose flowers are similar but is a much bigger tree with heartshaped leaves).
There’s also a shrub called a desert willow (chilopsis linearis) which has similar flowers but the leaves are thinner.
I have a chitalpa in my garden but it is a bit spindly so I think it is going to get a good cutting back this winter, we shall see what happens.

2 Likes

Thank you Vero - It’s an unusual but beautiful flower very welcome in our sparse garden.

1 Like

Growing up the back of the wooden barn…last year I helped it along with string to secure it’s position…last year I was able to get to the walnut tree at the front without too many problems to pick a ton of walnuts for my neighbours…(I also have an amazing walnut tree at the rear which provides more than enough for me and lots to share with them too…) this year I appear to have an orchard of baby walnut trees at the front where this is growing as well… …think I may need to at least clear a pathway to be able to harvest this year’s walnuts for them…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We had a passion flower growing inside a conservatory in UK… it was meant to be outside, but it is very persistent and sent shoots up everywhere, even between cracks in the concrete. Beautiful flowers… and strange fruits… :relaxed:

1 Like

That’s the one…I had one growing up a fence in the first house I ever lived in after moving out of my mom and dad’s…just couldn’t remember the name…Passion flower…x :slight_smile: