Form Hi 6650

My previous home had three cadastral numbers for the property made up of different sections garden/main house/garden and rear building

as did ours (3 or 4 actually) until the new build and the following survey after which they redid the cadastral, combining them all in to one new number comprising the whole 1Ā¾ hectares. The only parcel that was left separate was the small (attached) woodland which was in a different commune anyway as the boundary between the two communes ran along the edge (although the TF is combined into one bill - it used to be a separate bill for the woodland).

Thatā€™s ok unless its one house
Made from two adjoining small houses and not changed into one cadastral numberā€¦ before we bought it. On signing it didnā€™t occur to us beng new to France ask. Live and learn.

Yes but are they your main house.? Gardens , outbuildings may have their own numbers .

I know that when we wanted to divide (opposite to your situation)ā€¦ we had a geometre comeā€¦ investigate, measure the land from all anglesā€¦ put bornes in to mark the boundaries for eachā€¦
and he assured us that this would all be fully ā€œreported/registeredā€ and we must be sure to tell the Notaire ā€¦

subsequently 2 new cadastre plot numbers were issued for what had been ā€œ1 plot with buildingā€ and these new numbers were used in the sale

Youā€™re right. 11 is our main house, the rest is the different parcels of land around. So are your 2 numbers for the 2 halves of the house?

Yes, exactly. Back in the day 2 cottages, built after 1850 as they are not on the Napoleonic cadastre. Knocked through into one after 1975 but keeping the two plot numbers.

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning the Napoleonic cadastre. Searched and found our little house on it. So itā€™s at least 190 years old! Unlike your house ours is now half of what was a larger building, maybe a house and barn. ,

Itā€™s interesting isnā€™t it, even without our plots.when our friends bought a house in France I found it on the cadastre. They have it framed.

an old ā€œmapā€ of our village shows that whatever is now our ā€œhouseā€ once had a tower, way back whenā€¦
we already knew our home was a collection of buildings,
one definitely a small gatekeeper-guardroom thingyā€¦
the rest barns/whateverā€¦
In 1845 a transformation took place (no, not by Brits)
and it became what is now ā€œour houseā€.
But, whereā€™s the tower??? will the thief please return itā€¦
(only joking as I know the stones will have been used elsewhereā€¦)

I would love to have a towerā€¦ then I could really let my hair down :rofl: :rofl:

from our back terrace itā€™s clear that a tower would have helped protect the villageā€¦ marvellous point of view over the valley and beyondā€¦

1 Like

I must go to the Angouleme records office and do a bit of research on our house. Iā€™ve looked online at archives of the village and itā€™s not clear who lived in it, multiple occupancies and lots of names. The House next to us used to be the village bakery and they had various names working there, some of whom occupied our place by the look of it. The owners of the ex bakery now live in Paris and use it as a maison secondaire.
Ive come to a full stop onlineā€¦ Everyone needs a tower. I do.