Formula 1 2021 season

I have watched the F1 series on Netflix recently and thoroughly enjoyed it - it gives a lot of background info into the sport and makes the racing more interesting.

Max could have waited to give the position back just before the next straight and been right on Hamilton’s gearbox with DRS enabled.

Perez redeemed himself after Saturday’s quali mistake.

Finished 5th with the 3rd fastest lap after 3 pit stops and starting dead last from the pit lane.

1 Like

the impetuousness of youth… reminds me of the young bull/old bull story…

Yes, John, I saw that MS-like manoeuvre as well. Had Ver got past Ham at that stage of the race I think he would have roared ahead.

1 Like

Sprint race plan

New braking data from AWS - information below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RQ6aLTrWWI

1 Like

Looks like we have a real fight for this year’s WDC.

In other news, Russell should get reamed by the FIA for striking Bottas as he sat stunned and winded in his wrecked car.

Poor chap over-reacted, got caught with his wheels on the slippery off piste surface and lost it from what I saw (and DC’s commentary). He’ll learn from it… just as well the Finn wasn’t carrying his filleting knife :rofl:

I love it when it rains, cracking race. Lando looking good for a future contender, and great to see 2 brits on the podium again.

2 Likes

It was… seeing Lewis at his best hauling himself up the field with past sins in the race in the bin and a focus on the job in hand. Inspiring stuff!

1 Like

And Lewis’s incredible catchup after a mistake. Makes you wonder what Bottas is doing?

2 Likes

Verstappen got 2 days community service for shoving Ocon at the post-race weight checks a couple of years back.

Russell is older now than Verstappen was then.

You can’t just go around slapping a possibly injured driver who’s still sat winded in his trashed car and not get hammered for it.

yeah but… Verstappen is just a bully and an arrogant one to boot! Personanlly, I can’t stand the man.
George on the other hand…

In my view (based upon footage), Bottas was following the racing line AND left just enough room for Russell.
Irrespective of who was at fault, I agree with Guy that “Russell should get reamed by the FIA for striking Bottas as he sat stunned and winded in his wrecked car.”

In 2020 Russell crashed whilst driving to the grid at the Turkish GP.
Same year at Imola he crashed behind the safety car.

Everyone knows that the Williams is a bit of a dog.
My guess is that all he is expected to do is beat the 2 Haas cars plus his teammate. and bring the car home intact.

I wonder whether:
(a) the incident of him striking Bottas has revealed an unsuspected side to his character;
(b) this will have an impact upon him securing a Mercedes seat next year.

1 Like

Although I think Verstappen has mellowed of late, he certainly was aggressive and somewhat arrogant in the past.

F1 isn’t MMA, so Russell, nice guy or not, has to be seen to be punished for striking another driver.

1 Like

Remember a couple of seasons back when Verstappen hit another driver after a prang?
Its youth and testosterone an inexperience.
If anyone should have slapped Bottas it should be Totto, wake up you Finnish #@**@:relaxed:

Russell probably said Get of my car slow coach!

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes