FRANCE Daily 2022, Passe, Vax, Travel (Update) etc

Figures delivered 1st January by Santé Publique…

“It is still unclear to what extent this explosion of contaminations will result in serious, potentially fatal forms, overwhelming hospitals and forcing more drastic restrictions.”

New Rules as from 3rd January 2022

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/covid-19-le-gouvernement-allege-les-regles-d-isolement-en-cas-de-schema-vaccinal-complet-5cf77144-2d69-4628-a455-9acfb3c0585f

Olivier Véran a annoncé la mise en place de nouvelles règles d’isolement à partir de lundi 3 janvier 2022 pour lutter contre la progression des contaminations liées au variant Omicron. Un allègement est notamment prévu pour les personnes présentant un schéma vaccinal complet.

updated around mid-day 2/1/22 + details about the reduced wait for the “3rd” jab

Whichever variant… the hospitals are probably going to have difficulties …

and people as well…

In France isolation means isolation
The police come to check the situation

French MPs get death threats over support for vaccine pass

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/covid-19-67-641-nouveaux-cas-ce-lundi-un-chiffre-double-par-rapport-a-lundi-dernier-3f04117c-6cb6-11ec-8f90-9e8aa5ab61ab

Slightly later news item…

“Spectacular turn of events…” (so still awaiting outcome)

Anyone would think there’s an election soon.

Sadly, I think that there will be a lot of posturing (on all sides)…
but I’m hopeful that common sense will prevail in the end … or am I just whistling in the wind… ?

You clearly think that there should be a PV Stella, millions don’t hence the arguing in parliament.

Do we know that to be the case? I’m genuinely asking as I don’t know. In the U.K. and US it seems to be a very small, very loud minority making the noise about these things so I’m just wondering whether it’s the same over this issue or if there really is millions who don’t. I wonder if they’ve polled on these issues, I’d imagine so. Perhaps I’ll have a search…

I’m thinking that whichever government is in situ, these are difficult times with difficult decisions to be made…
with the PV they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t…

As many as 5 million unvaccinated and more than 200K fake Passe Sanitaires (that the government know of) indicates that a lot of people are against this.

1 Like

I’d go with the 200k figure but I’m not sure without a whole lot more information you could use the 5m, or even millions in that case. Interesting.

Moving testimony…

Here you go again Plague country!
The Independent: IHU: New Covid variant with 46 mutations worries experts in France.

Do you have a link to the French News for this, please @Corona as I prefer to read in original language if possible.

There may be a reason why it isn’t big or even visible in the French news. The other article on the same subject in the Independent explains!

However, like you @Stella - when results are apparently coming out of French sources, I prefer to read them in the original :smiley: