FRANCE Daily 2022, Passe, Vax, Travel (Update) etc

I haven’t bothered to post links to French research on this thread until Research has been done and verified by European/France Health bigwigs… with whatever Results.
I’ve tried to keep this thread factual from a France point of view…

No reason not to discuss The Guardian articles, but perhaps more appropriate on its own thread…
but… whatever…

2 Likes

Circulation of the virus is slowing, but hospital figures are on the increase…
641 deaths from Covid in the last 7 days within hospital/medical centres…

1 Like

Folk are encouraged to get the 2nd Booster 6 months after the 1st Booster… here’s the detail…

Vaccin contre la Covid -2e dose de rappel : quelles sont les personnes éligibles ? | Service-public.fr.

1 Like

The old chestnut of from or with?

The French Covid Deaths are just that… folk who have been accepted in Hospital Intensive Care due to suffering with Covid and they die there… due to covid.
There is no longer a grey area/mixed figures … that was hit on the head a long time ago. Covid is covid.

Of course, I cannot speak for other countries… and how they report things…

Figures are still on the wane… only 55,000 daily contaminations in France mainland…
Only an average of 1,150 new covid patients are entering hospital every day …

1 Like

Le “comité de veille et d’anticipation des risques sanitaires” succède au Comité scientifique

The “Committee for Monitoring and Anticipating Health Risks” replaces the Scientific Committee… (it’s been the SC advice and info re Covid, which has been used by Govt when considering/debating actions/laws on vaccinations/passes etc etc)

I think this thread has run its course… but will leave it for folk to browse through.
If anything major changes… I will, obviously update… or start afresh.

Meanwhile… keep safe everyone… happy Summer…

2 Likes

Hi,before you go,do you know when the 4th jab will be available for people under 60 please,thanks.

If I recall correctly… ANYONE can have the 4th jab (2nd Booster) if their health warrants it… have a word with your Doc and/or your Pharmacy and let us know how you get on…

(I’m not going… there’s simply no further useful info re covid at the moment… so there’s nothing relevant to post here…) :wink:
If you find the answer… or anyone else for that matter… let’s have the answer here, on this thread, please !!!

1 Like

Should we start a monkey pox thread as WHO now recognises that as something of concern?

Frankly, I was wondering about doing just that…
A new thread…
but as I prefer only to post facts/figures not conjecture… I’ve been waiting for more than just “we advise folk to reduce the number of sexual partners…” :wink:

but… I’ll take another look at what’s being reported…

Thanks Stella,i was really asking about the 4th jab for under 60,s in general,not people with health issues,the Sante website is still showing over 60,s only,i will ask at Pharmacy next time i am passing.

No plans for the under 60’s at the moment.

Here’s the info @Euro50 @tim17 and anyone else…
Basic translation:
"People eligible for the 2nd booster dose are:
Immunocompromised persons aged 12 and over: from 3 months after the 1st dose;
People aged 12 and over in regular contact or living with a vulnerable or immunocompromised person: from 6 months after the 1st booster dose;
Pregnant women (from the 1st trimester of pregnancy): from 6 months after the 1st booster dose;
People aged 18 to 59 inclusive at risk of a severe form of Covid-19: from 6 months after the 1st dose;
Persons aged 60 to 79 inclusive: from 6 months after the 1st dose;
People aged 80 and over as well as nursing home residents: from 3 months after the 1st dose.

Since July 26, 2022, also eligible for the 2nd ~Booster:
Healthcare professionals, regardless of their age or state of health;
Employees in the health and medico-social sector;
Home helpers working with vulnerable people;
Medical transport professionals;
Firefighters.
These professionals can receive this 2nd reminder from 6 months after the 1st reminder, if they wish.
It does not fall within the scope of the obligtory vaccination."

Anyone interested, can easily check the list above to see if any part of it applies…

I dropped into the pharmacie this afternoon for other things and idly inquired about that and left 5 minutes later having had the 4th job. I am under 60.

4 Likes

cheers @vero that’s really good news, I reckon…

Good news… but continue to take care…

What are the restrictions (if any) for someone with covid to travel by air to Paris?