FRANCE Daily 2022, Passe, Vax, Travel (Update) etc

Interesting to read through… my vague understanding re “clouds of particles” in the air from breathing/speaking/singing/whatever =
Open windows/doors whenever and wherever you can… to keep a good airflow going… and to remove some of the hazard of covid transmission…
and have a mask to hand and don’t be afraid/embarrassed to use it…

2 Likes

Can,t see any travel restrictions in connection with 4th jab being introduced until everyone has at least been offered the jab.It is still only the vulnerable and the over 65,s at the moment i believe.

Provided one is up to date with vaccinations, there shouldn’t be any problem if/when the need to prove a status… begins again.

Sadly, many folk are still anti-vax… and others have refused to have more than the first two…
(I’m hoping folk will get their act together…)

1 Like

The possibility of reintroducing the Pass Sanitaire at the Borders is being suggested to be “kept open” … just in case things really turn nasty…
(from what I’ve read, the peak of this wave is expected by the end of July… but just how big this peak will be, remains to be seen…)

Reminder from the Prefectures… (watch out for those promiscuous places… :wink: )

1 Like

The proposal to be able to enforce the Pass at Borders (if it becomes necessary)… has been agreed at legislative level and will go before the Senat next week.

Understandably, everyone is being urged to wear a mask on transport of whatever sort … with the huge numbers going on holiday… prudence is nessary… as the figures are still rising.

Le nombre de nouvelles contaminations au Covid-19 s’est élevé à 161 265 sur les dernières 24 heures, selon les données de Santé publique France publiées jeudi soir, après 154 615 la veille.

Latest figures… just before the holidays start… all saying much the same thing… take care

Fresh air can make a real difference…

People need to be persuaded to have the vaccines when offered and to wear a mask inside again, only 25% of the vulnerable and the over 60’s have had a second booster.

The advice is clear… and folk can hardly be unaware…
If it is made mandatory (ie with the Pass) , folk will complain about being bullied… :roll_eyes:

Just called on neighbours to check they were ok with l’adressage (house numbers)… and… ooops.
Wouldn’t you know it… they’d had friends visit from UK a short while ago …
They’re now feeling poorly and tested positive this morning… so I stepped well back … although the neighbour was only peeping around the door and was wearing a mask…
Thank heavens they are both up to date with their vaxes…

Slight drop in contaminations… but…

“At the same time, the number of hospitalizations for Covid-19 patients continues to increase, reaching 19,160.
1,158 people infected with the virus are also in Intensive Care, a figure also on the rise.”

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/covid-19-avec-127-000-cas-par-jour-en-moyenne-les-contaminations-reculent-un-peu-en-france-210f57e0-0206-11ed-8eb0-a8ab850b8757

I suspect other hospitals might have to limit/deny visitors as things progress…

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/covid-19-le-centre-hospitalier-intercommunal-de-mamers-et-alencon-suspend-les-visites-e0bd2436-01e9-11ed-8eb0-a8ab850b8757

Latest news as 15th July

If you’re visiting Overseas Departments, these still require various “proofs”… re covid…

Just read this and the linked BMJ Editorial. They’re supposed to be ‘reassuring’ because the impacts of covid vaccination on menstruation and fertility found so far are very minor. But isn’t it rather worrying that these results are only being published now - and that they are saying specifically on fertility that more studies are needed ?

…and today some follow-up letters: