Free French lesson and new French learning program

Thank you for your time!

Just to clarify, this was not a conversation course but an interview to better understand the needs of English-speaking expats and immigrants so I am the one who should be thanking you and there is nothing to pay of course as it was not a conversation course.
As planned, you still can book your free French lesson at no extra cost as a thank you gift. I’ll email you privately ASAP.

Sorry again for the audio and video quality. I have just moved to Spain and as I arrived by plane, I could not take my equipment from France with me. I hope that in a week the problem will be solved.

Thank you again for the time granted and for the valuable information that I was able to gather during this interview and I wish you the best in your learning of French!

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: beat you to it… !!!

Hello Simone,

That’s great! I’m so happy that you booked the interview! Thanks a lot for your time! It’s really helpful to me!

I’m looking forward to meeting you!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I wouldn’t use folk either as I think in the UK it’s mainly used in local speaking types of language mixed dialects and traits, not main stream every day modern forms of language depicting people. This maybe a regional thing, but never come across the word folk in a working environment. Not sure if the word is commonly used in other English speaking countries, I’ve never heard it used in multicultural meetings.

to clarify things for those who move in different circles to mine…

I hear the word folk used in conversation… family and friends in UK…

and quite a lot closer to home, at the moment… although it transpires it’s probably “folks” that I’m hearing… since we have good friends locally, who are Americans…

and I did offer the 2 words folk(s) and people…

Phew… time to go and beat the batter… :wink:

‘Folk’ is definitely new management woke-speak when addressing employees as a group or talking about them as a group, has been for quite a few years now.

As I wrote, never came across the word in any meetings or formal context during my carrier. that I can remember.
The last meetings I had with purely Brit nationals, was when I worked in the British Embassy in Paris between the late 90’s to 2007 and can’t remember that the word folk was used, but may have missed it due to comprehension, if so it was far from common. At that time I seriously doubt no one would comprehend the word woke, and I still don’t.
So not a word I’d recommend for publicity.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: it would seem that language is like fashion… there is nothing new, everything just keeps coming round and round… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: except for woke which is a word/whatever I really can’t get to grips with… :roll_eyes:

I’m definitely not “new-management” etc etc…
Haven’t been in Management (new or old) for more than 20 years… :wink: :wink: :wink:
and I fear we are at risk of losing the plot… :wink: :wink:

The French lessons etc sounds a great idea for any English-speakers who need help with French. (whether they are folk or people… matters not a jot in my book :wink: )

For me that extra noun is redundant anyway - what’s wrong with English speakers?

3 Likes

@Nia_French_Teacher

Phew… we’ve got there, eventually…

No “expats” or “immigrants” :wink: :wink: … just “English speakers” which, of course, covers so many nationalities. :+1:

best of luck

1 Like

Hello,

There’s nothing wrong with the term English speakers.

I just wanted to specify that my program will not be helpful for English speakers with other purposes.

As a language learner myself (I’m currently learning spanish), I would be happy to find a program that covers specifically my needs.
So I’m trying to offer the same type of program for people who live in France for a short or a long period. English speakers who don’t live in France have different needs.

???

Folk reminds me of the Woodcraft Folk. Very 70’s.

Reminds me of Lindisfarne and Fairport Convention…:rofl::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Reminds me of Porky Pig

1 Like

Hah, I presume Nia means “any old English speakers” (but not old as in age… any old as in indiscriminate).

But adding the word “people” or “folk” doesn’t clarify that. Don’t understand.

Sorry. My comment was specifically to @Porridge’s question about @Nia_French_Teacher’s reply saying this:

“I just wanted to specify that my program will not be helpful for any English speakers (I gave more explanation in a previous message).”

Taken out of context, saying “my program will not be helpful for any English speakers” doesn’t incentivise English speakers to sign-up.

Unless I’ve misunderstood what Porridge was querying that phrase for. Which is possible as I’m not fully awake yet. In which case just ignore me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you may be right - thanks.

I remember DuoLingo had a similar problem with “some” and “any”.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: pleasantly-funny how just one word … has people revisiting their memories… and their brainboxes ticking :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

as many of us have said in the past… we’re all different… and that’s what makes Life interesting. :+1:

1 Like