French European Elections slant & UK gossip

Google is your friend eg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

The definitions I saw focused on the divisiveness of the populist movement characterising main stream politics as elitist and out of touch. That is not a good thing.

Morning Graham, Are you comparing Hitler to Nigel Farage ? I hope not because Hitler killed over 6 million Jews and Nigel Farage wants UK independence from Europe, so not quite the same level of evil in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m not even going to give oxygen to your impertinent suggestion.

“a shiver runs down my spine when I think of the prospect of Führer Farridge and his cronies ethnically cleansing Europe… :pleading_face:

So what are you saying then? How have i been Impertinent?

2 Likes

Seems to me that “elitist and out of touch” is a very good description of many politicians who seem to wish to govern in the best interests of the wealthy few, rather than for the general benefit of the ‘man in the street’.
Perhaps if such politicians did not come across as being so elitist, then there would be no basis of dissatisfaction on which to build a ‘populist’ movement. Were many of our politicians to spend more time explaining things, and less time financially creaming off the top for themselves and their dinner guests, then the populist movements of which they complain would simply not exist.

I am sure I am not the only one who understands what Graham means… :thinking: :wink:

Afternoon Stella, So what does he mean then?

Torre… when Adults exchange views… it is normally easy to understand what is being said…

In my opinion… Graham is indicating that he finds your suggestion impertinent…

Seems obvious you are at opposite ends of whatever… in the conversation… thus best to leave out questioning one another…

cheers

1 Like

Thanks Stella for clearing that up. I will just let the grown ups talk in future.:exploding_head:

1 Like

I have been reviewing my history books, to try and find when and where it was ever different. Haven’t found anything yet. Slight difference does seem to be that even the most fervent Nationists weren’t quite so hypocritical as Farage e.g German nationality for his kids as ‘why should they suffer?’

But then again it appears that the Brits love him and Johnson, and the Diktatur of the Yellow Press?. Shows to my mind the truth of the adage ‘you can’t legislate against Stupid’?

Mind you,why don’t we get rid of the "wealthy few’? Why not have the Gilly Jones’ in charge, or UKIP or Brexit people - (and aren’t they doing a great job at the moment?). That’s what we really want isn’t it? Governments and Businesses run by the Underachievers in our societies? 'Equal Squalor and Poverty for All!

Now, There’s a banner to hang our hats on eh?

1 Like