French Vaccine Programme

…does it work reliably…if so I’ll have some please

Pretty much but only for the acute attack and it tends to give people the squits.

Out of the frying pan into the loo.

2 Likes

These stories are disturbing but very isolated occurrences in the scheme of things (and I would certainly question the children-ice cream-coercion one, where did you read about this? Can you send a link so I can too?)

So there’s an extensive and intertwined network of bad guys behind all this. What are their aims, do you think?

What news channels do you watch?! Where was this!

Looks like very balanced, objective, factual journalism

There’s literally no mechanism for this Helen, please fact check your stuff properly.

Even if viral mRNA were present in breast milk, which it isn’t, it would just get digested and would not pass through the gut wall intact anyway.

PS

2 Likes

I think your viewing and research should be reconsidered - your examples are quite clearly extreme and very likely not true/accurate.

1 Like

Let’s avoid a pile-on!

2 Likes

I didn’t get any ice cream :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Why? When someone posts something completely absurd they need to be challenged. I would expect nothing less than for people to provide evidence for the claims they make.
Izzy x

4 Likes

You watched?

Where?

Link?

In the meantime, try this more balanced video

The people protesting were not the parents of the children involved.

So, the only controversial thing here is that children can be vaccinated without parental consent - BUT consent still needs to be given so Toronto presumably feels that the children are able to do so. It is not unheard of that children over 12 are assumed to be able to consent to medical treatment - look up Gillick competence in the UK, for instance.

In any case I suspect that most of the children will have been taken to the centre to get vaccinated by their parents. If you can find a single example of a child vaccinated that day specifically against the wishes of their parents I would be very surprised.

Finally, as bribes go an ice cream seems small beer - it’s not in the same territory as a £200000 flat make-over now is it?

1 Like

I agree that absurd statements need to be challenged. But Helen, being probably quite a decent and reasonable person, doesn’t believe that what she posted is absurd and is genuinely worried about what she has read. Having several incredulous posts in reply is not going to help her.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have minded a little treat, best I got afterwards was a grumpy administrator handing me a bit of paper! :laughing:

2 Likes

I can honestly say - having met her - that Helen is thoroughly decent and nice person and I am sure that her concerns are drawn from her own feelings and not a desire to mislead.

However, it is extremely easy to misrepresent the situation by selective reporting and all of us should pause before posting claims and links - and ask ourselves whether the information can be verified and whether the “slant” presented is correct.

4 Likes

Yes, but we sometimes descend into something close to personal insult and abuse. Challenge is good, rudeness is not!

4 Likes

(2 week ago)

Le créateur de ViteMaDose fait chevalier de l’ordre national du Mérite

Guillaume Rozier, ingénieur de 25 ans et créateur de ViteMaDose, a reçu la médaille de l’ordre national du Mérite à « titre exceptionnel ».](https://www.lepoint.fr/societe/le-createur-de-vitemadose-fait-chevalier-de-l-ordre-national-du-merite-22-05-2021-2427594_23.php)

Very happy for this innovative young man (and his company, he employs quite a few people- can’t remember how many but I’m pretty sure it’s over 30 - and is helped by hundreds of volunteers), saw him in a couple of programmes on TV and he comes across extremely well, very humble etc.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you. But it’s worth remembering that a lot, if not most, of the disinformation found online is designed to seem legitimate to and stoke fear in the average reader. The urge to share, although that’s not a great thing to do, is understandable.

Constant rebuttal (although I understand the importance of doing so on a public forum where other people are reading) is often not the best way to deal with people who have found themselves down disinformation rabbit holes. Listening to them, understanding their fears, engaging with them and asking questions is often better. This is what I was attempting to do, although we might have scared her off!

I think it is complicated, if you work on the principle that everything mainstream sources have to say about a particular issue is lies, then you lay yourself open to believing the most extraordinary things and maybe being less critical of them. And of course there is no aguing with faith, it isn’t rational, that is the whole point of it.

3 Likes

On the other hand, if you work on the principle that everything mainstream sources have to say is true, you lay yourself open to a decade of Tory government!

2 Likes