French Vaccine Programme

I will be eligible for vaccination from mid-May, though not with the AZ one because not recommended for people under 60. So I expect I’ll get at least the first shot by the end of the academic year, maybe…

Not true. Last year there was the highest take up ever of flu jabs and France had to order several million more than planned - hence delays

1 Like

It wasn’t recommended for people over 65 at first. they seem to be pulling numbers out of a hat.
I can understand that maybe the vaccine might not be given to women using the contraceptive pill, but in UK they have over 30 million vaccinations and only round about 30 of these blood clots.

I’m flagging up this link below (mentioned by a rellie of mine in a recent conversation) as it could be of use to people here (apols if it’s already been given on here):

2 Likes

Tried that the other day, nothing available for 72 Sarthe :roll_eyes:

What I found, Colin, was that it homed in on St Lo (Manche) for which there were no slots. However, on the map at the bottom of the page there were little flags for Rennes and Caen (other departments) and if I clicked on the flags, some options came up locally for me…

Had a look on this link yesterday and Bingo!
Got a RDV in department 24 for early May :+1:
Had to register with Doctolib and now if my MT or local pharmacie give me a slot sooner I can cancel May RDV via website.

Please do remember to cancel appointments if you get an earlier one. There are so many “no-shows” at our vaccine centres because of this, and it adds stress for the staff having to call people in at a moment’s notice.

@Sue_Young Well I have booked my RDV’s at the hospital, lets see what happens.
My MT is a one man show so does not have the time! The pharmacy are happy to put me on their list, but they only get a few vaccine’s at a time and I’m sure there are others that need it sooner :woman_shrugging:
Did you get a second RDV with your MT?

Tried to book with the above mentioned link, however unable to do so. I am in 60 to 70 group and announced by M. Macron that can be vaccinated from 16th April. Chose slot a few days after this but excluded by the booking condition questions which still stipulate over 70. Does this mean that under 70 can only book after the 16th?

That’s how I understand it.

I am in the 60 to 70 bracket and had no problem booking an appointment for May.
There weren’t any before the 16th anyway.

1 Like

Yes - second rdv in first week in June ( 8 weeks for AZ) My MT is a one man band as well ( well one woman actually ) She only got 10 doses so I was surprised she rang me as I’m not in the target age group and I have no health problems. All I can think is that she couldn’t get enough of the target group to take AZ jab.

1 Like

think that’s right, same happened to an acquaintance of ours, Doc asked “if I offered you one would you say yes?”

We are having to wait for 12 weeks for our second AZ vaccination in Cluny.

From Joshua Livestro , Dutch columnist and political writer.

4 Likes

Thanks Graham. Your post was most helpful and guided me to the right links. Much appreciated. I have just found this group and it seems to be a place where sensible people post, engage and advise. Once again thank you.

4 Likes

Welcome to SF @PaulH-66 and I trust that you will find many more usefulnesses in this place, some tinged with humour of course. Looking forward to your contributions. This thread is a serious one but other ones are more, shall we say, relaxed.

1 Like

and probably less sensible :smiley:

1 Like

Ha Ha! Best of both world’s then!!