Friday Night Takeaway in 33220

Can you please please please start delivering to Dax?!!

My partner says itā€™s this Jamie Oliver recipe, but she doesnā€™t cook it for as long as he suggests because she said itā€™s too thick otherwise. Also she blends it so itā€™s smoother than the chunky chutney you see in the photos.

2 Likes

Will try and get as close to it as possible!

1 Like

Thank you! Sheā€™s a girl after my own heart, I donā€™t like too many chunky bits either!!!

Can you make it next holidays so I can order too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well what a delicious meal! Beautifully spiced, lots of whole spices and chillis. Nice and hot but not too hot, very very yum! We werenā€™t able to eat all of it so I had the left over daal in a wrap for lunch today and hubby the veggie curry- YUM! Yes it was a bit of a drive for me (35/40 minutes each way) but an easy drive mainly though the woods, Iā€™ll definately be making it a treat each holidays! Too far in the opposite direction for term time!

I must admit I was slightly taken aback to discover that Imtiaz was not a lady :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: which prompted me to look more carefully at his avatar photo!

He was however absolutely charming, we did have a chance for a quick chat but he had people coming in regularly, obviously very popular so I didnā€™t stay long. He helped us all to our cars and safely installed the bag of food in the foot well! Food was packaged in foil containers and heating instructions for each dish emailed through. If you live in striking distance or are passing near by on a Friday afternoon well worth having a delicious takeaway in my opinion! Thanks Imtiaz see you next holidays!

And no Iā€™m not being paid for this post, Iā€™d have said if it was rubbish too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Thank you Tory. This is so good. It was a pleasure meeting you and Remi and having a chat with someone who has always answered my posts and offered support on SurviveFrance. Will be good to meet again.
As always greatly appreciate how invaluable your comments are to my posts.
Best regards
Imtiaz

5 Likes

Imtiaz - just caught up with your post. We get the keys to our new place in 33220 in 3 weeks.

Will definitely be in touch!

1 Like

Sign up to his email, you get the menu sent out the weekend before, order Wednesday and collect Friday. Been SO busy only been once (40 minutes each way to be fair!) but really looking forward to my next meal!

1 Like

Just checked for me and - despite also living in 33 - itā€™s 2 hours each way :sob:

5 minutes for us ā€¦ probably closer than our usual in Blighty!

This French lark is going well so far :grinning:

2 Likes

Shame Gareth!!

You canā€™t beat 5 minutes great news!