From property purchase through renovation

What a huuuuuge difference the render coming off makes! Well done, I look forward to seeing the progress.

1 Like

I am amazed, well by several things Matt. The effort to do all of that, that must have taken. The wall the way you have completed, much more natural, and a great improvement. Showing the window reveal stones, which is a good feature. I like the white shutters instead of brown actually. That job must have saved a fortune in labour costs.
The electric cable coming down on the left spoils it a bit, but that’s pretty critical.

Oh if only - I do have contractors doing most of the work.

I will tidy up the electric cables, I had hoped to remove them completely but unfortunately not possible.

1 Like

That looks great mat looks totally different I bet the village is happy that someone took the property back to its roots

1 Like

Now you only need too pressure wash the stone wall and it will pop

Time for a few more puctures:

Windows & Shutters are now in

I am pleased with the traditional appearance of the windows:

Had to add an I-beam in the kitchen as too much movement in bedroom floor above:

One room now fully plastered:

Electrics & plumbing now in, this was installing network lead throughout:

Trenches dug throughout garden to allow for cables to be run:

8 Likes

Wow… well done !!!

1 Like

Looking good Mat :+1::+1:

1 Like

That looks great mat :+1:

1 Like

Hi Matt - this is an old post I think. Could I ask please where you got the windows in this picture. They look lovelyFiona .

Hi Fiona - this is an old topic but was updated recently. The windows were installed about 2 weeks ago (early Oct 2020).

They were made by a company on edge of Bordeaux called Laporte - they were installed by an excellent craftsman from St Foy la Grande-let me know if you want his details.

Quick update on progress:

Kitchen all now plastered (installing kitchen next week) , tiling underway, next to lay new stone in the bottom of the fireplace:

Gate now made and painted and pigeonnière (shed) now refurbished:

5 Likes

Tiling the entrance hall today:

9 Likes

Nice job…

It is that :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Thank you for the reply, I’ve only just noticed it. Lovely work on the house.

where is your house.

Villefranche-de-lonchat, Dordogne…it’s mentioned earlier in the thread

Thank you.

Finally started putting the kitchen in today:

Already getting quick at assembling ikea units!

The vision so à little way to go yet! :