From property purchase through renovation

I have done it myself before it’s not fun

One side now complete, before & after:

Next window, shutters, electrics & heating.

12 Likes

Will you come and do our house…looks a much better job than others I’ve seem round here!

1 Like

The render removal is now complete, scaffolding removed and shutters renovated.

Before:

After:

7 Likes

someone’s nicked your shutters!

glorious… well done

Upper shutters renovated, lower shutters beyond repair - waiting for new.

I give up…

Well if it needs further explanation…!

@graham
@Mat_Davies

Pour something cool… and chill… :relaxed: :hugs: :roll_eyes:

Graham was obviously worried that the volet-voleurs had struck… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m an observationalist (if such a word exists).
On swift observation of @Mat_Davies two photos I immediately observed the lack of shutters hung on the outside when they were there on the first picture after he said the shuuters had been renovated…
I don’t know why I bother sometimes - it was intended as a bit of light hearted humour ffs!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’d say pour a stiff drink… but I know you don’t…

I missed the meaning - too knackered decorating! Must try harder.

2 Likes

Understandable… (I knew it wasn’t like you) … stiff drinks all round… (I’ll drink @graham Graham’s) :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

What a huuuuuge difference the render coming off makes! Well done, I look forward to seeing the progress.

1 Like

I am amazed, well by several things Matt. The effort to do all of that, that must have taken. The wall the way you have completed, much more natural, and a great improvement. Showing the window reveal stones, which is a good feature. I like the white shutters instead of brown actually. That job must have saved a fortune in labour costs.
The electric cable coming down on the left spoils it a bit, but that’s pretty critical.

Oh if only - I do have contractors doing most of the work.

I will tidy up the electric cables, I had hoped to remove them completely but unfortunately not possible.

1 Like

That looks great mat looks totally different I bet the village is happy that someone took the property back to its roots

1 Like

Now you only need too pressure wash the stone wall and it will pop

Time for a few more puctures:

Windows & Shutters are now in

I am pleased with the traditional appearance of the windows:

Had to add an I-beam in the kitchen as too much movement in bedroom floor above:

One room now fully plastered:

Electrics & plumbing now in, this was installing network lead throughout:

Trenches dug throughout garden to allow for cables to be run:

8 Likes