Funny Names

1 Like

There is a hairdressers called ā€˜Fanny Coiffureā€™ not far from where I live, ā€˜Moron Constructionsā€™ is also local, and let us not forget ā€˜Batimanā€™ which often has younger anglophones sniggering. Oh and ā€˜Le Vieux Poufā€™, which is a decorating business. I did tell himā€¦

3 Likes

Haha very funny :grinning: I heard about a construction company as well today called ā€˜Hovelā€™.

1 Like

Thereā€™s Crappone just outside Lyon

Near where I used to live in Japan was a sign for a Chainease restaurant which I always assumed was a misspelling but maybe I was being naive??

1 Like

We have a M. Homo that does therapy with magnets in our local town.
Moron is a name Iā€™ve seen here.
Also an egg producer called Connard

2 Likes

There was an Assistante Sociale in Mazamet called Mme Homo that used to help us. Probably the same family. We were sufficiently infantile to have a little giggle at her name.

2 Likes

Difficult not to :rofl:

1 Like

Annette Curtain is quite a popular name in Ireland.

3 Likes

Lindsey Doyle was a youngster in Southwold when our family lived thereā€¦ many years ago. Her name always made us smileā€¦ I used linseed oil on my hockey club and could never understand why her family had put the names together like thatā€¦

Sadly, she contracted a virulent form of cancer and died within a few monthsā€¦ shook us to our very foundations. (Us youngsters had considered ourselves invincibleā€¦) :zipper_mouth_face:

Our doctor is called Martian :alien:

Edit- her treatment is out of this worldā€¦groanšŸ˜‹

1 Like

I am sorry to hear about your friend Stella.

Teenage yearsā€¦ always dramatic, even when nothing much happensā€¦ but losing one of ā€œusā€, one of our gang as it wereā€¦ that was a shock

1 Like

I went to college with Geoffrey Kill and Victoria Station and Graham Wragg.
The local electrician is called Mr Do.
An english plumber in Charente was called Mr Drane.
An estate agent I did some business with in Les Landes was called Mr Bastard.

2 Likes

This name makes me giggle :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

condom

2 Likes

I once had a client called Fanny Salmon or, as was written on her file, Salmon Fanny.

4 Likes

My mum was looked after in the hospice by a Dr Payne. I know of a senior police officer called Alfred Hitchcock and one called Geilty pronounced Guilty

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t want to be questioned by Inspector Geilty!

My ex wife was a nurse whose maiden name was Dye

2 Likes

One of our local dentists is called Dr Farce.

1 Like