Funny Names

lol :rofl::joy:

Shatterling! Lovely glass of cider watching the bat and trap match on a summers evening.
I spent most of my life in south east Kent.

I played for the Green man darts team for a while, & got roped in to playing darts, bat & trap, cricket, & even football for a few other pubs & villages. Happy memories.

I used to have a bank manager called Mr Money.
I often used to pass Pratt’s Bottom.
I remember taking photos of signs in Dorset for Puddletown, Piddletown and Piddletrenthide.

1 Like

Puddletown and Piddletown sound as if they came straight from childrens TV series Camberwick Green or was it Trumpton?

Talking teenage giggles _ I recall a Football Championship match being played in a place called the Wankdorf Stadium. Strange that can remember nothing else about the event?
BUT the Brussels Metro Station ‘Kunst Wet’ takes a bit of beating ''means Art & Law in English just so, you know!)

1 Like

Badgers Mount

apparently

Used to go to the Bo-Peep pub there. Don’t recall seeing any badgers mounting though…

They’re surprisingly discreet

The SPANC of course, I wonder if the secretaries keep a cane in the cupboard for unruly customers !!! (:+1:)

1 Like

My first neighbours in France were called Arsene and Titine. They had a a fabulous romance. We have lots of people called Tosser in our village.

1 Like

My mad Welsh mate once introduced a friend of his to my wife and her twin sister (French) as ‘Twelve Inches’ - which made their eyebrows go up. Turned out his name was ‘Foote’

I thought I had posted this but obviously not, but I always thought the Brussels Metro Station called ‘Kuntz Wet’ took a bit of beating. For the benefit of others it translates from Flemish as 'Arts and Law" - for the proximity to a College.

You did post it I remember reading it In fact it’s just a few posts back

Dr Delbouys…a dentist in Cognac.

There’s a pizzeria in Treguier where the first item - probably deliberate and from a p[roprietor who’s had enough - is Pizz Toff. And there was a famous wartime letter which was in circulation a few years ago from the Ambassador in Moscow to the Foreign Office reporting on his meeting with the newly-arrived Turkish Ambassador - Mustafa Kunt (actually not an uncommon family name in Turkey).

There was a visiting professor in the Oriental faculty at Cambridge called Professor Kunt. The u is pronounced Ăź

Oh! I thought it was pronounced Mogg😈

3 Likes

I was a teacher and there were a Mr and Mrs Quest who christened their daughter Dawn.
There is a haulage company in Toulouse called Transports Internationaux Toulousains, and all their lorries have TIT on the front.
And, of course, for the French kids there are the pet shops.
Surely, on the motorway you must have seen Fockedey’s vehicles?

A laugh out loud moment there Vero, thanks for that x