Future Property Prices in France

There’s a village about 15km from here with a lot of “investment opportunities” for sale
Be wary of this term.
A friend of mine in London, however, bought a very reasonable house near me for I think around 65-70k, I don’t recall exactly.
Entirely liveable, though maybe a little basic by UK standards.
Not much outside space, but has its own well, CH, & a small garage.
I think I am possibly the only person that has bought a house in SW France with no outbuildings or central heating…

Hadn’t really thought of the area but just looked now and see one for 67k in Labastide-Rouairoux which seems quite nice - area is great with Carcassonne and the med close by. Thanks for opening up some more possibilities :slight_smile:

Neighbour controls his via his smartphone…so I guess could be from anywhere. Expensive to install, but if you cost your time mowing then it ends up being cheap.

1 Like

Sounds great. Must check it out for here too :slight_smile: Thanks a mill :+1:

Just make sure you are near a low cost airline destination on an established route.

2 Likes

Just wait until Roundup is banned. You’ll have to leave a machete at the gate.

Now then, John… surely Roundup is already banned… :thinking: :upside_down_face: :rofl:

Isn’t it already ? :laughing: I’d best avoid it anyway - flowers tend to die at my hands whereas weeds grow so much better for me …dandelions are the new rose :slight_smile:

And you’ve had all those lovely years to enjoy it.

1 Like

Shhhhhhh :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I merely meant that a machete would definitely be required… :upside_down_face: :rofl: either that or “rent a goat” :hugs:

1 Like

Tempted as I am to bring some from the UK it is quite definitely banned in France.

We use escapee donkeys… on occasions… and their output helps the roses

1 Like

Roundup is not banned in France.

Mmm… I think you will find it is banned for private use… :thinking:

1 Like

I was pretty certain that it had been banned for amateur use from the beginning of the year. There is a weedkiller on sale called “Roundup” but it is not glyphosate based any longer as the retail version is based on pelargonic acid - it kills foliage impressively quickly but does not kill the root (unlike glyphosate) so the weeds rapidly grow back.

For industrial use it seems a bit more complex - but it does seem that it is banned or at least on the way out in France

They’ve changed the formula but it’s still on sale as Roundup which is a bit naughty to me.

Roundup is just a brand name now, no glyphosate in it (well in France).

I’m inclined to agree with Tim here - the pelargonic acid based one is crap so continuing to call it Roundup is misleading at best.

I think you can use existing supplies until the end of the year.