Get Twexit done 😂

Apparently in the space of one week Elon Musk has gone from telling employees they can no longer work from home and must go to their offices, to locking all Twitter’s offices until Monday to prevent employees doing anything malicious (as if they couldn’t do it remotely, if so inclined :person_facepalming:).

And I thought the KLF burning £1M in the 90s was a waste of money…! Elon has just thrown away $44Bn :grin:

I just wish I could sit near the dumpster fire that is Twitter and toast some marshmallows as it all burns down.

Interesting though, isn’t it? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It’s VERY curious. Hard to believe that what we’re seeing is all that’s going on, though maybe the man simply had no plan and doesn’t understand what he bought after all.

1 Like

If you wanted to post any old crap/fake news on twitter then this is the perfect time - get your hand in the cookie jar while the shop is empty.

Someone has recently posted a 49 thread tweet of the 1995 Hackers film, as allegedly there is no one left within the company to enforce DMCA takedown notices.

1 Like

The Orange one is back.

Personally I’ll probably stay on Twitter as long as it stays up - how long that will be with Musk reportedly having sacked 50% of the staff and only been taken up on his “hardcore” offer by about 20% of the rest remains to be seen.

If I discover Musk has treated the Tesla software engineers like he has the Twitter ones, I’ll never set foot in a Tesla again. As for SpaceX :flushed:

2 Likes

He does

Well, thanks very much for ruining @John_Scull’s enjoyment of his new whip.

Trade it in for a Polestar 2, John.

1 Like

Interesting comment by Kenan Malik today too:

Look more closely at Musk’s record, though, and the mystique begins to vanish. Musk was removed as CEO of each of the first companies he helped found: Zip2, an online business directory; X.com, an online bank; and PayPal, created by the merger of X.com with its much more successful competitor Confinity, co-founded by another Silicon Valley wannabe, Peter Thiel. Nevertheless, the sale of Zip2 netted Musk $22m (£18.5m) and the acquisition of PayPal by eBay $176m. He used that money to set up a series of other ventures, most notably the electric car company Tesla and SpaceX, which manufactures and launches spacecraft. Yet his record here, too, is hardly that of an entrepreneurial genius.

Tesla is today the world’s most valuable car company. It has, however, been plagued by a host of major problems, from fatal crashes to fines for alleged fraud to accusations of creative accounting. Tesla has also been accused of garnering more than $295m in green subsidies from the state of California for a battery-swapping technology that was never made available to customers.

SpaceX nearly folded in 2008 before a last-minute $1.6bn contract from Nasa. Before that contract, Musk acknowledges, “we were running on fumes”. His projects were so reliant on public money for survival that in the days before he discovered the necessity of voting Republican to provide “balance” to American politics, conservatives derided the degree of state support for his ventures.

The icon of the self-made entrepreneur of genius has survived only because of fabulous state subsidies…

3 Likes

Anyone who has been paying attention will have noticed that I am not a fan of Mr Musk.

3 Likes

I guess the good old regression testing of my youf would be considered as a waste of time then.

1 Like

No worries, my old oat based friend, I’ve already rejected Teslas’ for my move to electric.

BTW, Polestar, that’s a new wave Volvo, isn’t it? I really can’t keep up with all the new electric brands.

It’s yet another technology that has left me behind!

A Volvo on steroids!!

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

Even more reason to quit Twitter.

Yes - similar analysis in The Guardian today…

According to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Musk’s takeover was encouraged not just by the deposed executive Jack Dorsey but also by a network of rightwing libertarian billionaires close to Musk, including PayPal founder Peter Thiel.

1 Like