Gite Spoils

Hi Jane - I couldn’t get you link to work initially - is this it:

https://www.relax-in-rural-burgundy.co.uk/

1 Like

Our rentals are 3, 4, 5 beds with a pool or spa, cheapest is the 3 bed at £1300 and the most expensive 5 bed £3000 in high season, the house with the spa charges £2k a week and gets plenty of bookings even with a Friday changeover. Craziest booking was a couple who paid £6k for two weeks in one of the 5 beds as they allowed dogs, I actually encourage clients to consider pets as most Brit gite owners don’t so it opens the property to an additional section of potential renters.

1 Like

I used to work here. https://www.estivel.com/residences-locations-vacances/304_villas-royal-green/

All the villas have their own swimming pool and large garden as well as fully equipped kitchens/utility rooms and a parental suite (including a dressing room). They are right next door to the golf course as well. The maximum price for the largest 5 bedroom villa is about 3,000€ per week in August.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry.

Our guests have just gone out on a wine trip.
No golf here.

No wine here in the southern Tarn. The land is used for growing animals and crops that like a wetter climate. Grape country is an hour away.

Might be a good place for Simon to play around :wink:

2 Likes

@anon92567933. How ugly! You’d have to pay me to stay there!

That’s helpful Jane, thanks!

Do you base your judgement on the facade of that particular villa? The grounds, the views, the setting are all absolutely beautiful and the villas are right next to a top golf course. The site is full from June to September and people return time and time again so I guess it can’t be that bad.

5 Likes

Well if it’s the one I saw I don’t think it’s that bad! There’s certainly a lot worse, it wouldn’t do for us all to like the same thing

Well I’m sorry, but each to their own. Modern boxes built in a poorly proportioned faux Palladio style, and have no relation to local vernacular. Interiors done up in a way that is bland and overdressed at the same time. A landscape that looks as if it is made of plastic and any hint of nature has been exterminated. Which could also be absolutely anywhere, France, USA, Luxembourg. And at that price surely they can do better than plastic loungers? I’m sure people love staying there, but it is totally not for me!

Well I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a week there ( out of season ) if I had the money !
Once had a week at a similar set up in the Vendee, a 60 m2 appartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies and a stunning view overlooking the lake on the golf course. Had a 2 hour golf lesson included in the price too. It was very cheap and the standard of the fitings was excellent.

3 Likes

Sounds like Les Fontenelles where I worked a few years back.

Could be Ian, the name rings a bell, I would have to check back through my paperwork, it was 5 years ago…
I must admit that golf is a lot harder than it looks too, the number of times I missed that little ball on the putting green was incredible. Great fun though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As you say it’s not the place for everyone and perhaps the website doesn’t do it justice.

The views of the the Montagne Noire from the upstairs balcony of each villa are beautiful and the grounds are absolutely lovely with lots of trees and a beautiful stream running through the site. It’s rural yet close to a small town and the golf course is just next door.

The interiors are very simple (not sure where you got overdressed from) but have everything you could need/want. People also love that they have their own large swimming pool, a garage and secure garden for their children/pets.

Like you it wouldn’t personally be my choice for a holiday but I wouldn’t be rude about it either.

4 Likes

Is being honest rude?

Sometimes yes - surely you know that Jane?! There are ways of being ‘honest’ (as you put it) that are less hurtful and rude.

No you’re not…

2 Likes

Sometimes it is better to just say nothing,it’s not like Mandy was asking for opinions

8 Likes

I imagine you might think I was being rude if I told you that your gite was ugly.

Anyway, stupid and pointless argument. I’m sure we both have better things to do.

3 Likes

Agreed Nellie! As my old Nan used to say, “if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing”.

8 Likes