Gite Spoils

It’s back to the dinner party analogy isn’t it
As an aside it’s like being shown pictures of babies, the majority look like Winston Churchill ( at best). I find “What a cutie “is the best comment to avoid upsetting people

3 Likes

Especially if you have a spare cigar lying around…:wink:

Oh for heaven’s sake! If it was your gîte of course I would say something anodyne, but you said it was merely somewhere you had once worked so few vested interests I would have thought. Are people really so totally thin skinned that a blunt ‘beurk’ equivalent is offensive? Are we not allowed to react spontaneously but only offer a viewpoint when asked?Strange kind of dinner party I think.

And I am sorry, as I didn’t set out to offend. But equally I don’t think what I wrote was at all out of order since I merely expressed a personal opinion. So I am not sorry for what I said, but would be if for some reason that I really don’t understand it upset Mandy.

We’ve been looking after rentals for 12 years and can honestly say that several have been crap and we felt sorry for those that paid and stayed, from dodgy electrics to rodent infestations we’ve helped clueless clients get through season after season when in reality the properties should never have been let. It has taken a long time but finally we now have a select group of well maintained houses that give us very little trouble, it’s now the guests that worry us the most!

1 Like

I’d stop digging if I were you😁

4 Likes

I also dislike the habit of adding a smily face to make comments that are actually quite @#£&* acceptable.

1 Like

I’m sure my defense of a place I merely worked does seem irrational but I was there for 6 years and became somewhat attached to the place. It was a part of the happiest time of my life and I would love to go back to cleaning up after dirty holidaymakers if I could also be back in France with my darling hubby.

It’s so easy to make a throwaway comment from behind a keyboard and not realise that it may affect someone in a way you would not expect. I’ve done it myself.

Did I over-react? Maybe. But why make an unkind and unnecessary comment?

And now I really am done with this topic.

7 Likes

:upside_down_face::laughing::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

One way or another, this thread has really got me laughing… :relaxed::zipper_mouth_face::rofl::upside_down_face: now back to the stress of living in the real world.

1 Like

You strike me as someone who can dish it out but not take it. And my previous comment was in no way rude.

2 Likes

Mandy… I loved the candles on the indoor swimming pool edging.

These last few days, we have been playing pontoon at midnight, outside, by candle light so dim that our young grandson had to help each of us read our cards… magical times, sadly over now.

7 Likes

Thanks Stella.

So pleased you had a lovely time with your family making new memories. Something to treasure. :hugs::kissing_heart:

I’m not really sure how such an innocuous thread became controversial :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Couldn’t have put it better myself - exactly what I thought! :grinning::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Blimey…! A month there is the equivalent of what I paid outright for my little corner of paradise standing on a half an acre…3 years later and I still can’t shake the feeling that me and my Collies are on holiday every day…x :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Magical memories…My son will be here very soon…he usually visits for a week twice a year but this time he’s coming for a fortnight (and hoping to drive over again with one of his sisters and her family for a week at Crimbo) …I anticipate lots of singing and laughing and he says he loves every minute from the moment he steps off the plane…we’ll be celebrating his 24th birthday whilst he’s here and I’ve saved mandy’s banana cake recipe…x :slight_smile:

My daughter wants to be here at Crimbo as she can’t make summer this year due to her third little one being due end of July…

My daughter is currently looking for a local gite for 5 open at Crimbo for her and her partner and her soon to be 3 little ones…last time when they were four they stayed in an apartment for €30 a night…I’m hoping they find somewhere reasonable as it will be my first chance to meet my fifth grand baby…x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope the banana cake turns out well for you. It’s properly delicious. :yum:

Maybe Bill and Babeth know someone with a gite near you who would do a good price at Christmas. Worth asking.

Have a fabulous time with your lovely boy xxxx

3 Likes

I assume you mean Christmas.
Do you refer to your birthday as parturition day?
Accepted terms are their for a reason.

Tell me it isn’t just me that sees the irony

6 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:
People should check their own spelling before criticising others.

Such negative comments on here recently. Why can’t people keep such thoughts in their heads instead of spewing them out like verbally incontinent toddlers.

It’s starting to piss me off!

5 Likes

WTF ???

Jane - seriously? Crimbo is a well used slang / colloquialism (particularly in the North West UK!!) as you well know! Helen is an adult - give her the respect of treating her as such i.e. she gets to choose the words she uses.

The pomposity and moral high ground being displayed on this discussion is off the scale! :angry:

6 Likes