Gite Spoils

Well, I obviously missed something in my education and had to look-up parturition :upside_down_face:

I wonder if the excessive heat is melting braincells here, there and everywhere ??? :wink::slightly_smiling_face::dizzy_face:

2 Likes

As usual you have expressed exactly what I was thinking, also much better than I could.

This isnā€™t a forum about using the 'correct words/grammar, it also isnā€™t a schoolroom and we donā€™t need lessons from others on here correcting mistakes or colloquialisms that others use.

4 Likes

Too much is too much Janeā€¦ā€™ accepted termsā€™ā€¦ well guess what some of us do actually like expressing ourselves in other ways. Crimbo is a word I have heard frequently, it may not be to your standards but thatā€™s tough!

Oh and just for your information itā€™s there and not their, pot, kettle and black spring to mind !

3 Likes

Certainly not in the Lancashire/Westmorland border.
We have more respect for our festivals.
You might speak for your part of the north west, but we are not all the same.

Kendal / Bowness Jane so stop with the rubbish!!

It is nothing to do with grammar, it is respect for a Christian festival.
No matter what your religious beliefs are , the UK has a Christian heritage and unless we stand up for it, we will lose it those faiths who do respect their heritage to such an extent that they want to force it upon us all.

Whatā€™s it like up there Jane?

Well this thread has moved on pretty quickly!

I will just throw this one out their for a ā€œkick aroundā€ - I am yet to be convinced that religion has had a net positive effect on the world.

4 Likes

What about religion Mat?:grinning:

2 Likes

Wow.

Iā€™ve been slowing dipping into the forum, only to find its usual calm depths are fizzing ā€¦ :bomb:

Reminds me of how my Dad used to bellow at us from the bottom of the garden: Iā€™m lighting the blue touch paper. Stand well back. We donā€™t want anybody hurt

1 Like

Quite correct damned spell checker! (yeah right)

You donā€™t say.

Not sure which is the worst religion but the Catholic Church has to come top for abuse and atrocities through history.

Most individuals who merely profess the Catholic faith and go to Church on Sundays are, of course, perfectly fine people - but the Church itself is vile.

1 Like

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, with which some will agree and others disagree.

My opinion is that there are VILE people in all walks of life (worldwide) and yet there are also perfectly nice/good/ok people in all walks of life (worldwide).

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t resist @Stella

1 Like

I am a devout atheist but not for any religious reasons.:grinning:

4 Likes

No Problem :smiley: Iā€™m sticking pins in your effigy even as you read this :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Better than it is down there.

Now, now Simon - What the Fuck -Just the other day you were protecting Jane from my ā€˜threatening and intimidatingā€™ views on her wanting to send Brexit voters to Iran and here you are bullying her yourself.

We canā€™t have special rules just for you, surelyšŸ˜”

I once found a plastic bear in an apartment at a ski residence in the Pyrenees (where I was an ā€œhomme de mĆ©nageā€) and photographed it to use as my Facebook profile picture.

(That was my attempt to get us back on track.)

1 Like

Your plastic bear reminded me -

Personally, I prefer the plastic loungers etcā€¦ we have wooden, metal, plastic and some which are a mixture.

The plastic loungers are the easiest to clean after the birds have left their messages, or the dog has been sick, or someone has dropped a plate of curry all over the place - etc etcā€¦

Wooden loungers take ages to dryā€¦ and the metal ones likewise.