Gite Spoils

Total abuse of power which has to be resisted from wherever it comes.

What does calling it Crimbo, Xmas or Old Nickā€™s day if we want matter ?

ā€œA Christian heritageā€, well looking back at history it was a ā€˜bloodyā€™ heritageā€™ where religion was used as an excuse for all sorts of atrocities!

You call it what you like but leave the rest of us our choice too, or do you intend to ā€˜forceā€™ your choice on everyone !

4 Likes

Are we all back on track, or is it just Stella and me?

Nope!

A bit emotive there Dan, I donā€™t see any bullying from anyone, except perhaps Jane who wants us all to respect our Christian heritage lest the ā€˜wrathā€™ fall upon us !

2 Likes

Everyone has their choice, but everyone also has the right to criticise .

Lost cause ! Iā€™m off to start supperā€¦ :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Ann, you are, as always, articulate and relevant - However l would suggest that my emotive response has only got your attention because l am attacking your mate as it often does.

Simon attacks other peopleā€™s views when they do not agree with his own aggressively and, frequently, unpleasantly. However, if others do the same to him, as l have on occasions, he cries ā€˜foulā€™ or his surrogates do.

I will continue to express my opinions until free speech becomes outlawed on this site.

I am not a fan of Jane Williamson and her world view and believe she could do with a huge dose of ā€˜realityā€™. But she, like all of us are entitled to our own opinions and when that stops being the case on this forum l will get my coat.

I am an atheist but for my childrenā€™s sake I attended evening service at thier public school, not that I wanted to but they had to. It always amused me watching fellow parents queue at the alter to take bread and wine so that they portrayed themselves as good people. I would meet many of these parents in daily life and business and each and every one of them would stab you in the back to get what they wanted. It was a Christian school!

3 Likes

Oh heck did Dan say something? :yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face: Heā€™s on my ā€˜ignored userā€™ list - thoroughly recommend it :wink:

1 Like

Niceā€¦spoken like a true Christianā€¦(lots of dots)

3 Likes

My view in generalā€¦regardless of what flavour religion you prefer.

8 Likes

Actually I am a pragmatist.
I donā€™t agree that one should accept things at face value, there are almost unforseen consequences.

Why a man?

Well Mandy I was extremely surprised at the comment and genuinely shocked, so I checked out your video.
I would stay there for a whole summer. July and August . It looks like a beautiful place to get rested after a hard year working.
People need these types of environments to rest and relax, lucky you having this place which is beautiful.
Sometimes people donā€™t rĆ©alisĆ© how hurtful they can be, even if being honest
I have a motto that I use
If you cannot say anything nice, say nothing
Looks like you have other supporters of your lovely home . So donā€™t take anything badly
Be happy in your own home and proud
Hugs Ann Marie :hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Well, the story goes, if memory serves, that we were made in his imageā€¦& that the chap in charge at the beginning was Adam.
Iā€™m certain though, that a woman would be equally qualified.

2 Likes

If I agree with someones post then I say so, if I donā€™t then I do the sameā€¦

If I thought Simon, Jack, Jill , Uncle Tom Cobbly or anyone else here was being a bully or offensive then I would also comment.

Itā€™s not a schoolyard and I donā€™t need to have ā€˜matesā€™, however there are certain people who go out of their way to be just downright contrary and I shall continue to comment as I see fit !

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget Bob that when God made man She was only practising :rofl::innocent::innocent:

3 Likes

Kerching!!! Laugh-out-loud moment of the day award !! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the support but itā€™s not my house, itā€™s a place I worked at for 6 years. There were 18 villas of various designs and that is just one.

Thanks again, youā€™re very kind.

3 Likes