Going off topic

Yep but there’s a difference in saying that and referring to other peoples posts as wittering and drivel

I found his post very easily by going to his profile page and following the links.

Minus five? Where are you? Xx

But… if you want ‘specific information’ you can either as someone (probably Stella said) use the whizzy search feature or…

Go to one of them other remaining sites / so called property newsletters and lose the will to live within just under 72 seconds .

Just saying…!

X

1 Like

OK… if we are trying to outdo one another… :thinking::roll_eyes::wink::wink::wink: with the chilly weather…

Huh… we got to -2c last night… and today I lit the boiler for a second day… hoping not to use much more oil over this winter, but not holding my breath…:blush:

Plus 8 here but incredibly wet and horrible. :frowning:

+8…!!! . I could do with that, save on the oil… looking minus all next week… blast… although I do love a white Christmas…

We’ve been minus 2 degrees yesterday and all day today…tomorrow we’re going back up to 14 degrees…x :slight_smile:

I have just nipped out to the local supermarkets ( In Lancashire, the advantage of living in the urban sprawl is if you forget to buy something for tea , it’s not a crisis) and my car roof is frosty already

I think it was me🙃

1 Like

I’m not convinced that you have to live in a town to be near to the facilities. I live in what most people think is the middle of nowhere and often visit family who live in a large town north of Paris. It’s quicker and easier for me to nip out to the local supermarket, Lidl, cash machine and boulongerie than it is for my aunt.

1 Like

Yes but I am going through a spell of not liking suburban living so am convincing myself of its advantages

1 Like

It’s not for me. Last time I visited, in mid October, I stayed for eight days not my usual five and that was three days too long in a town, I was pulling my hair out by the end. I’d gone up by train so couldn’t leave early but would have done if I’d had my car. :slight_smile:

We are miles from shops here and we have white fields and trees.
It is supposed to go above freezing tomorrow.

It’s freezing here in Manche 50150 too, but bright. Walking into town I met an elderly woman with two boxes of home-crocheted hats, scarves and warmers. She said they were free, that she made them as a hobby and wouldn’t take anything in money or kind. She was happy to help keep people warm. How Christmassy is that?

I chose the this one

13 Likes

That’s a lovely idea that she has, and your choice suits you too.
I dug out my old fur lined bonnet yesterday to go round the local market, not chic but at -5° who cares ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My new woolly hat for dog walking in the conifer woods…

8 Likes

I have just knitted a cravat for my friend and neighbour as she feels the cold round her neck.

2 Likes

Very kind of you to say so, Ann, but I’m not sure the festive colours do my complexion any favours, I look alarmingly cyanosed, perhaps because it’s freezing indoors as we’re saving fuel.

I wrapped the scarf round my head indoors 'cos I went to the hairdressers this morning for my winter scalping “bien court sur les côtés et à la nuque, un peu de longueur sur le haut” and my head felt chilly afterwards. :fearful:

I hope you wear it with a high vis vest!
It looks wonderful.

1 Like