Going off topic

I kept the leaflet I collected on 17/11 on the first day of the manifestation and display that in the car window too.

2 Likes

@JaneJones Looks as edible as its wearable! :+1::hugs:

@Jane_Williamson I find a scarf at the throat and the back of the neck makes a huge difference, but for many people its the hands and feet that suffer.

sounds oddā€¦ but I often tie a scarf around my middle (and another around my neck)ā€¦ so comforting when heading out into the windā€¦

and I donā€™t blame you for saving fuelā€¦ cheaper to pile on the wooliesā€¦ but OH is afraid I will take it too far, so I am taking pity on him at the momentā€¦3rd Day with CH on this morning (but the woodburner will take over this PM)

With your new head gear - it really does remind me of Lawrence of Arabia!

1 Like

More like something Larry Grayson might wear.:grinning:

David. My first reply was good information on topic. 2nd was short true and funny post to OFF topic drivel.
Try finding and reading relevant information with only a phone.
Itā€™s OK for you lot connected to the grid. Iā€™m off grid.

Stella. I distanced myself from neighbour except brief visit once a week so his ex wife arranged for him to go back to La Reunion. Thanks for asking. X

1 Like

You first reply was well off the topic as it had nothing to do with moving to the Poitou Charente. As you admit the second was totally off too.
I often use my phone to read this site, with 4G itā€™s much faster than at home uninformed the WiFi.

Personallyā€¦ I cannot cope with small screens and tiny keyboardsā€¦ OH is happy 'cos it means I leave his Nexus aloneā€¦and no way could I manage a phone connectionā€¦:thinking:

I have a 45cm screen and full size ā€œqwertyā€ and I am in seventh heavenā€¦ when we are away from homeā€¦ all bets are off and my friends think I have dropped off the planetā€¦ :grin::grin::grin:

Just looking at cooking videos on Youtube and came across this. Do you rinse your broccoli in vinegar?

This man has posted lots and lots of videos and most are fantastic. From simple stuff like this to trying out complicated Escoffier recipes. Iā€™m a bit hooked.

2 Likes

I soak in salty waterā€¦drain/rinse/drain and cook briefly in boilingā€¦ but I do not add any more saltā€¦

If the florets are small, I steam themā€¦

Itā€™s always yummyā€¦ we love broccoliā€¦ :relaxed:

1 Like

I love it too. Never rinsed it in vinegar though, bit strange. I still canā€™t believe he made a 6 minute video and he didnā€™t even cook it. :laughing:

Mind youā€¦ some folk probably have no ideaā€¦ when I got marriedā€¦ I had never done cookery at schoolā€¦ only done toast at homeā€¦ so literally had no idea how to even boil an eggā€¦ (well I just took it from the fridge and plopped it into boiling waterā€¦ it shatteredā€¦ awful)

Yes thatā€™s true. I forget that people donā€™t get taught to cook. I was fortunate to have cookery lessons at school as well as lots of practice at home and with Grandmothers.

As a teenager at home I used to cook lasagne and curry and bake cakes. All sorts of things.

I love eggs. If there is one thing I know how to cook really well itā€™s eggs. :egg:

Mandy, let me be the first to egg you on. Write the egg book to end all egg books. :open_book::egg::memo::grin:

I have been known as Pop-it-in-Pete, Tim. :joy:

Now thereā€™s an idea Pete. Might be a bit basic thoughā€¦ fried egg & chips, scrambled egg on toast, boiled eggs & soldiers, cheese omelette, quiche, custard. All lovely but hardly revolutionary :grin::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg:

1 Like

My good friend is an author and editor. This is her first book. Itā€™s properly good even though Iā€™m biased.

ps I proof-read the second edition!!!

The way the world is going a back-to-basics primer on the most economic, ergonomic, ecologic and eggcellent source of nutrition is well overdue Mandy.

I could murder a fried egg sandwich :fried_egg:!

2 Likes

Welp. I think we need to have a ā€˜Dinner Partyā€™ topic. Clearly you are all raring to go on tangents ad nauseum, bless your hearts.

On the other hand, perhaps we can have a bit more help with focus when asking for advice, expertise, etcetera and not go off-topic except when in ā€˜Dinner Partyā€™ mode. Or some such.

Cheers.