Groups for towns/cities

I agree with Natasha - great idea but delivered at a group "department" level!

I'm sure that it could put all of us (?) who are Paris based into an interesting exchange of ideas, events, restos, day trips etc. Also a sharing of those helpful hints on daily life that may not be readily apparent...creating a network "intra muros."

A very good idea, but i agree with Terry & Valerie, it depends on people contributing.

How about groups for departments? Whilst regions are too large towns may be too small.

Good idea but as Valerie says, success will depend entirely on how much people get involved. The lack of response seems to suggest not a lot! The regional groups are, as you say, too broad. I live in Languedoc-Roussillon but the group is largely irrelevant to me as it concentrates on the southern Montpellier-Carcassonne-Perpignan triangle and I'm way up in the north in Lozere.

Agree. Could also be very handy reference points for people thinking of moving to new area looking for info on local towns, events, scenery (could post photies), festivals, whatever.

Yes, that exactly the sort of stuff I was thinking, perhaps those groups are a bit quiet as they cover too large an area.

Yes, absolutely, if people can contribute local events, changes to schools/transport/'opening hours', new restaurants opening, handy services/businesses (not advertising) etc etc. I already try to put things I hear about on the Limousin group but sometimes it's a little slow so very much depends on how much people are willing to contribute.