Halloumi cheese

On sale at Aldi 11th May for those interested.

8 Likes

Thank you very much Lily :hugs: Our nearest Aldi is about 30km away but I shall be on the doorstep on the 11th… :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Lily, it’s the one thing that I miss as you can get cottage cheese in Monoprix.

1 Like

Mmmmm never go to Aldi so I would have missed that! Trip to Bergerac on the cards me thinks!

2 Likes

I’ve never been to Aldi either - first time for everything!

2 Likes

I rarely go to Aldi so I’m not sure if the ‘offer’s’ are the same in all the shops, worth checking online before you set off!
@toryroo Bergerac will have it :wink:

1 Like

I think they are the same - at least there’s only one offer leaflet on-line - but whether they have stocks I don’t know. Difficult to work out what shop has what!

1 Like

I did go when they opened the new one in Bergerac as it was nice and shiny but found the quality of food / prices etc not as good as Lidl. I think I went once to the Perigueux one as well and it was just grotty!

Drove past where my nearest ALDI used to be today, it’s been flattened. 2nd one to go in this area (69)

If for any reason they haven’t got any in Aldi, try Grand Frais which is about 100m away on the other side of the roundabout.

2 Likes

I’ve never been in there although I’ve been to the Chinese buffet next door :rofl: oh I do miss the odd chinese buffet!

The one that was closest to us (24) is now a new health centre and the Netto in another close town is also no a new health centre.
I only use Aldi when I need tonic water, they have little stubby bottles which are perfect IMO for a night cramp :ok_hand:

Go go go it is a good shop!

2 Likes

I have seen they have lovely products when i get the pub’, I’ve just got in my shopping habits which since we arrived often involved a very stroppy baby / toddler so tend to stick to maximum 2 stops! Now he has become a reasonable, intelligent lovely 6 year old who isn’t always attached to me I should branch out a bit more!!

The only Grand Frais within 100km of me doesn’t stock halloumi :cry: I made a special trip too…

Also at Lidl from Wednesday 12th May:

3 Likes

I like Grand Frais, but I get this stabbing pain in my wallet just driving passed it…

You mean it’s there now, Mat? I couldn’t see any when I went on Thursday and it wasn’t in the catalogue :thinking:

No it arrives on Wednesday 12th - sorry should have said next week (will edit)

1 Like

You are wonderful @Mat_Davies ! With the weather warming up we really really want our favourite grilled halloumi recipe… :smiley:

So… Aldi on Tuesday and then Lidl on Wednesday… good job it lasts a long time…