Has Covid found its way into your dreams?

Much to my annoyance I’ve started having covid dreams. :frowning_face:

Not often, I’m glad to say. And I like my dreams, they are usually full of adventures.

Last night, I met a car load of American tourists at one point (don’t ask) and they wound down the car window to ask for directions and I suddenly realised I was much too close to them and they weren’t wearing masks and neither was I. Really???

:scream:

1 Like

No but nightmares about Bordeaux hospital have ventured into my night
thoughts. I can not believe my own true story but we have to try to move on.

1 Like

It has come into my dreams,usually in a work related sense

1 Like

Bordeaux hospital or the virus

funny old place… had my triple bypass done there and spent some time in intensive care - not a happy memory but have moved on, thankfully. Had a second dose of BDX later when re-admitted from Angoulême by the SAMU and back in to ICU there. I’ll swear to this day that there 3 clowns heads looking down on me from the flourescent ceiling lights in the room during the night after I was admitted. Can only think I had been drugged up to the eyeballs when they inserted a stent in Urgences theatre on admission.

1 Like

The virus I know nothing about the hospital

Yes ! I’ve had the same dream once (but without the American tourists). I remember thinking clearly “what on earth am I doing”.

1 Like

Not a good memory Graham
I had an incident when a nurse came into my room around 2 in the morning
and started shouting at me and shaking me and pulling and then she grabbed my computor and lead it off sliding off to the other side of the room
No wonder i do not know how to find the question mark on here
What happened from there was difficult and as you can imagine the hospital managment did not believe me even though the nurse had more or less admitted her guilt.
She had admitted tome that she had no patience and was unhappy but being the victim is difficult

Yes Barbara, I know what you mean. During my first stay in BDX after the initial triple bypass op and on the cardio ward, I was told not to get out of bed if I needed to do a pee but to press the alarm button to get assistance from the nurse.
One occasion I did just that and the overstressed nurse came bursting into the room waving her arms about screaming “caca!!, caca!!” and I swear I saw demonic red eyes and horns growing from her head! She stumbled, grabbed at the curtain separating the two beds in the room to steady herself which caused the pole which was unattached to come crashing down - which in the middle of the night echoed throughout the building - enough to wake the dead!! Still laugh about that now. After she had stormed out, her colleague reset the curtain pole and apologised profusely saying that she was under pressure from being required to complete administrative tasks set for the night staff. She did help me with the bottle though.
Well, they do say, laughter is the best medicine after all :wink:

Nursing is not an easy job but one thing that is for sure to be a nurse you need to be patient and kind.

This is of course true but every nurse will have at some time experienced reaching the limits of her/his otherwise inexhaustible patience and needing to walk away, but not being able to. It happened to me once in over fifty years and the consequences I can not recount here but did not put the patient in danger. I think most if not all nurses could tell the same story, if truth be told.

Others may of course disagree here, and I would be interested to hear from them.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree Peter,at the end of the day they are human and every human has their limits Sadly with what is happening at the moment they will be more and more under pressure everywhere.One of my worries is at the end of all this who will care for all the broken staff,and will we have a shortage of nurses etc who either leave or don’t start in their career having witnessed this

3 Likes

We are privileged to have your steady witness to events, Eddie, the resilience and self-sacrifice of front-line staff is overestimated by the general public and clapping is, I regret, a typically British sentimental but futile and insufficient response to an emerging tragedy IMO.

3 Likes

Clapping had its time, but it soon became virtue signaling and a lot of the people clapping where the ones who did what they could to avoid sticking to the rules

I hope it was properly organised and that everyone was clapping because they really really wanted to, also properly synchronised:

It’s within the bounds of possibilty that those Brits that turned out to clap did so for much the same reasons of ‘social responsibility’ as those who did so in North Korea, i.e. to avoid local censure and for no other more ethical consideration. Just ‘normal crowd behaviour’?

Personally I would be inclined to join in, despite the foolishness of doing so, so as not to be thought by my neighbours too stand-offish to give up five minutes of my time. Too reputationally risky in an Essex neighbourhood of working class right-wingers where we lived for nearly 30 years as tolerated northern middle-class ‘outsiders’. :hugs:

1 Like

but ya was a yammy Peter :grin:

1 Like

As everyone with any wit knows, northerners start north of Watford for half-pint drinkers in the sarf.

ah but…
I fort it were norf off of Watford Gap which am Norfamptinshire - yammy cuntry if ever :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face: