Has Someone got our Summer?

Please will whoever has got our summer… kindly give it back asap… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ours has arrived :yum:

Show off!

1 Like

It stopped raining for about 10 minutes here, just started again. Heard that the local fête nationale celebration has been cancelled because of the weather.

We used to go to the Pompiers ‘do’ every 13th evening, they don’t seem to do anything on the 14th round here, but stopped some years ago due to Fran’s immobility. It climaxes with a firework display on the old viaduct over the village but I bet it was washed out this year. Water came under our patio doors at the back, taking no notice of the sealant there, and this morning going up for my swim I could plainly see the track down the path directly to that area. I will have to reseal but also try and work out how to divert future deluges.

I was much looking forward to our football clubs big annual party on the 13th but it was cancelled. Very sad as obviously it was last year for covid reasons and it is the main fundraiser, they give so much to the kids, we only pay a tiny amount towards their kit etc so really sad another year with no money coming in.

2 Likes

We are hoping that things will be better by the end of July as we are hoping to have a pig roast for the whole of the Commune.
This is starting to feel like a new Lock Down.

Our commune has had to come to the rescue of a frozen and sodden scout group… Two years ago the same troop accidentally burnt 10ha of woodland here having a badly supervised BBQ.

Oh dear!

What will they get up to next year one asks?

1 Like

Judging by the way the weather is misbehaving I suspect their next summer will see them building a bobsleigh run…

1 Like

Just as long as it doesn’t end at a cliff top. :astonished:

1 Like

Jane says that her house has a 200 metre cliff behind it.
Watch out Jane, it might be more than the peregrines next year.

1 Like

Leclerc today:
Tourists: wearing shorts and exposing bare white legs
Locals: wearing thermals

6 Likes

I’ve been wearing shorts since March (apart from when strimming cos that would be silly)

As I’ve said already, that’s just showing off!

At least my legs aren’t white🙂

2 Likes

I got my tan in March.

One thing is for sure. You won’t have got it in July!

2 Likes

Rust is all the rage around here, this year … :wink:

3 Likes