Hdr

I like this one a lot. It's dramatic and mysterious all rolled into one.

Chris

Hi Mike,

Here it is again... :-)

Hi Stuart, I am not sure what you mean. I can see them just fine. Can you try this permalink? Did you go to other pages?

http://www.survivefrance.com/group/sfphotographyclub/forum/topics/hdr?commentId=3339392%3AComment%3A321669&groupId=3339392%3AGroup%3A11327

Please let me know if you still can't see them. Mike Staubes can see at least one of my photos. :-)

Chris

Nope, you're not doing something right Chris. No photo

Hi Mike, yeah I had to use a tripod. I don't think you can take HDR photos unless you have an ultra stable platform. I used a free app called "Luminance HDR" and the Manitauk setting to put the 3 pics together. I have no idea how to use all the settings nor what they mean. I guess you can call it the beginners curse. Hehe

You can find the app here

http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy,

Chris

Hey Guys,

Here is another one of mine... I just couldn't get enough of the boats and the reflections.

Chris

Hi Guys,

What do you think of this one? I took it last year a few blocks away from my house in Toulouse. I can't seem to get enough of the reflections and the entire dreamy effect.

I have tears rolling down my cheeks. Thanks Mike.

interesting idea, darken the trees toward the end of the side of the road and lighten up a little at the very end of the road.

First, stand on side of the road; camera on tripod and wait for no traffic in either direction. Then, when all is quiet, run onto road like a chicken and take three shots (bracketed @ +1EV, -1EV, and normal exposure and also try 2EVs).You will notice that traffic really slows down when I am standing on the side of the road with a camera; I don't know why. Then process using Photomatix Pro. I just adjust white/black point(s) and tried to make setting sun on tree tops most important part of photo. Used D7000 with 18-200mm or 10-24mm but may be using D800 if I hit the sangria this weekend.

Thanks, Ron. I just use the HDR software to combine three photos, which generates a better photo IMHO. Don't like blown-out look either. I might play with the white/black points, which has darkened the right hand side of the shot to lead the eye down the road. Thanks for constructive comment. Mike

I am not a fan of HDR, rarely looks like reality. You have managed to heighten colors and at the same time give integrity to the objects shown.

Thanks

They're cool Mike. I'd like to know how you took and processed them.

Sorry. Got a little carried away with trees.

Not HDR, just tone mapping