Head lights advice

I’ll second that! From your previous experience, your local dealer doesn’t sound (shall we say?) ideal… :smiley:

Dealers answer:
You need to buy another car.

Garagiste:
Adjust this little part.

1 Like

If anyone needs help with the german bits language wise, ask me. Happy to help :relaxed:. On eBay you can go into eBay.de and change language to english in settings. Otherwise ask.

1 Like

I imported a 2007 Mercedes 220 E Class Estate RHD two years ago. On more recent models the headlamps are adjustable. I intended to find some used LHD lamps but could not so put it in for CT with stickers.Sailed through.
There is no discernable loss of brilliance and they work perfectly.

1 Like

I buy most of the replacement parts I need for our rhd beemers through Ebay from sellers in Germany, Poland, Lithuania & other eastern EU countries. Occasionally from Amazon.fr

If you arm yourself with the VIN you can look up the manufacturers part no using realoem.com For a Mercedes 220 it will link you to Mercedes FG 220 > Mercedes EPC Online > nemigaparts.com

N.B. make sure you check whether the seller actually holds stock in the EU, there are still some sellers are actually based in the Far East and delivery times can be very long, as well as the import tax issues.

For service parts I usually use mister-auto.com they also do replacement parts sucj as light units using reputable suppliers of pattern parts, for instance Bolk, and OEM suppliers such as Hella.

djautos are very good as well if they have what you need their prices are super good. Must be a clearance thing as they don’t have everything.

I have used the German parts company AutoDoc with 100% satisfaction- parts and delivery. Huge inventory. Got my LHD headlamps from them for my Vauxhall Movano van [aka Renault Master]. They are not Bosch [glass], at over £300 ea - about £120 a pair [plastic]

My RHD Peugeot 307 has just this last week passed it’s first FR C.T. despite 9 ‘minor faults’ some of which a couple of Frenchmen are greatly surprised were not classed as ‘serious’. But, I’ll take it!

No mention of the dipped beam headlamp aim but, bizarrely [to my mind] a moan about the horizontal adjustment of the front fog lamps. As @anon90504988 commented - odd, esp as hardly anyone uses them. I don’t. Apparently, they are adjustable. Maybe, one idle day …

And no mention of the rear fog and reversing lights being on the wrong sides for driving on the right.

And the advisories on the last UK MoT, which were in the ‘do it now’ category but never done [UJ boots split, track rod ends worn] - no mention.

If only I could find a reliable, honest garagiste in Manche/Calvados rather than the dopes at Lemmonier Peugeot.

I think the advice is - go local! Small local garages are often excellent. Isn’t that what you did in Spain?

I asked the guy at the CT - he had no ideas. Neither does Gilles. No garagistes! No dentists! Torigni is a wasteland… :anguished:

Vire may offer better prospects.

Are you sure? We seem to have garages hidden in all sorts of tiny villages! :rofl: :rofl:

https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pros/02522524