We are supposed to have the best healthcare system in France, aren't we ?
So, why is it that:
- to get an appointment, you have to wait 6 months, unless you go to a private doctor who is as expensive as in america without enjoying the "malpractice" law ?
- why is it that for retirees without this "complementary insurance" called "la Mutuelle" it is so hard to be treated ?
- Why is it that doctors read your "carte vitale" and when they see that you have only the state insurance " the CMU", they just give you pills without making any X-RAYS or additional tests ?
- Why is it that doctors and hospitals use you as a guinea pig without being afraid of being sued ?
- why is it that they have ethical rules that forbid you to know who you are consulting before you go in the doctor's office, pay for consultation, and then find out that you don't like this doctor.
- why is it that they give no information on their doctors or staff? Education, experience, reviews ?
- why is it that they decide for treatment without consulting you, or with such small information that it is hard for you to know what they are talking about ?
- why is it that in hospitals, when a doctor or hospital comes in your room while you are hospitalized, they put you naked in front of a lot of students without respecting your privacy ?
- why is it that they don't cover you when they have to do tests or exams ?
- why is it that you are treated more like animals than human beings in hospitals ?
I have a health problem which needs surgery and no doctor wants to tell me the specifics, and when I ask for more information, they just say : "I cannot respond or treat you because you ask for so many questions. Therefore, I will refer you to another doctor". But this other doctor would be the same because they are all trained the same.
My point is: There is no democracy, no real treatment, no "malpractice suit", no information, and if you want to have a real treatment , then you have to pay for it, like in America. So what's the point to be"social" and pay so much taxes for it ? I used to have a private insurance in America for less than 200 dollars / month, and I was treated like a queen. But nobody in Europe knows it, and especially not in France when they think, thanks to the government's advertising, that it is the best country in the world for healthcare !!! Let's just analyze the facts.
Oh, I forgot: They don't even have the latest equipment for tests or MRI: They always are at least one or two equipment generations behind.