Heating with wood/oil- Aid link Working - update

What would be awesome is if you could pay a rammoner with it!!

I think the list is for Energy suppliers 
 not energetic woodcutters
 :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Who don’t supply wood so the new thing has to work differently. Wait and see when the details come out I guess!

Well done Stella. Do you mind telling me how and where you applied ?

I think it was this one
 have your “2021 Avis for 2020 income” to hand as you’ll b e asked for info on that document.
and also scan an oil bill in the same name and address as the person applying
 (you’ll be asked to attach/upload the pdf if your income is sufficiently low to make you a possibility
)

https://chequefioul.asp-public.fr/chqfuel/

edit: @_Brian I applied here as an Oil user

1 Like

I told my boy about the wood payment and he checked online to see if he is eligible. Apparently they would be if they had two children currently even with their combined salaries. Unfortunately the new baby isn’t due until end march so too late for this claim. Seems there are stricter criteria than the cheque Ă©nergie that I get automatically every year via the ImpĂŽts.

Stella - Many thanks for that. Like you I had applied before , but was rejected. Using the link you gave , seems now we are eligible for a cheque in 60 days - we shall see !

1 Like

At the back of my mind, I’m wondering if this link has made a mistake
 so I’m not spending the money in advance
 :wink: :crossed_fingers:

I read it in the Connexion and tried the site given but it is not live yet. I was just hoping to see what the criteria is to benefit. Whatever it is, I bet we just miss out again. The address I tried was chequeenergie.gouv.fr but it seems to be just for fioul unless the rules are the same of course, but you cannot apply until later this month for wood so nothing specific mentioned.

If those using gaz, electric or oil get benefit, why shouldn’t wood users get it too. We use it for heating, water and cooking and it has increased in price this year like all other forms of heating.

@interstate750

Received the cheque for 100€ and some bumpf explaining how to use it
 so you should be getting yours soon, too.

@toryroo and anyone else

although we’ve been accepted 'cos we use Oil and have low income
 the cheque can’t go into our Bank Account

It has to be used to pay for “energy supplies” ie Oil/Elect/Gaz
 (or certain renovations ???)
and the “cheque” has an expiry date of 2024
 so there’s flexability and time.

Thus, anyone who is accepted when the “Wood-cheque” comes along
 might well find they can do similarly

I’ve yet to go through the small print again, but that’s the gist of it

I’m very pleased and grateful !!

EDIT: Makes absolute sense that the cheque can’t be paid into one’s own bank account
 and simply get lost therein

1 Like

Where did you apply please, Stella? The only website I found doesn’t go live until 22nd December

Stella applied for an oil cheque, AFAIAA.

P.S. I noticed that the info given out via Service Publique (received via email this morning) states that after applying on of after 22/12/2022 you need to give your “numĂ©ro fiscal de tĂ©lĂ©dĂ©clarant” - fair enough - but then also to “transmettre votre facture.”.

I’m guessing that alot/most people burning actual wood won’t have any factures as it tends to be very much a cash/black economy thing i.e. nice gesture by the government but maybe a bit cynical
?

Equally those of us using pellets may only have scrappy till receipts for a few bags at a time, especially as many suppliers haven’t allowed people to buy more than small quantities up until now this year. Are they expecting a facture representing a big chunk of the season’s cost?

2 Likes

Thanks, @Badger , I should have realised!

It is entirely due to this thread on Wood
 that I re-checked my own situation albeit for OIL.

I have mentioned, on each post here , that I am on OIL and it was OIL link which has given me the glad eye
 and paid me 100€

I am sorry if Wood folk are confused by my happy outcome
 but the Wood opportunity starts towards the end of the month.

Burning wood has seen me through a great number of years. Seeing this study “wood burning stoves produce 450 times more toxic air pollution than gas central heating,” has made me think again. I have a view of over 80 kilometres plus 360 degrees and most days in winter when the wind is calm I can spot the smoke from houses they all have plumes over one kilometre long ,that cannot be good

They are badly running stoves or freshly lit.
Having monitored indoor PM2.5 particles 450 times is quite an exageration. Around 26 is what I recorded. But not much more.

1 Like

I don’t think the figure referenced was about indoor particles, but more about the exterior pollution.

Obviously an official invoice is required otherwise every man and his dog will be applying and they can’t physically go round every applicant to check if they have a wood burner or not. My family only burn the compacted logs from a local manufacturer so they have a proper invoice but
they can’t get the rebate because they are one child short of the obligatory two required for families applying that have both adults working which seems unfair as its for heating and DIL is pregnant so needs to keep warm when she isn’t at work. I used to buy all my wood that I did not forage or get from garden previously from local farmers who coppiced their hedges and woods and sold for cash, they are certainly not going to give an official invoice to anyone and deny selling if anyone asks although LeBonCoin does provide a source of information for the fisc to investigate.

At present, the aid is for folk/families on a certain low-level income.
re your DIL etc
 with both adults working, it would seem that their joint income is not low enough at the moment

Thus, in my opinion, it’s not the French Govt being unfair.

The French Govt has already
 and probably will in the future, offer help for those who fall just above these low-income thresholds.

For those heating with Wood
 I think the govt site for you to apply
 will be available from tomorrow (27th)
 :crossed_fingers: