Homeopathy, does it work?

It’s really worrying if water is able to retain an “energetic memory”. When you think where it’s been it’s probably best to give the stuff up completely.

2 Likes

It was in 1964, in Cupar, Fife. The GP/Homeopath was very highly regarded there. That part of Scotland had a lot in common then with Normandy now, perhaps Fife was a bit more hilly but just as wet.

The aunties we stayed with had a little built-in and curtained bed-alcove in the living room/kitchen with a huge iron-blacked fireplace-cum-oven, and an outside privy. They always wore aprons except on Sunday when they went to the Baptist chapel.

The various uncles kept pigs, and lived in bothies, single-storied ‘longeres’ with humans at one end and (non-porcine) livestock at the other. Comfortable it weren’t! :thinking:

2 Likes

Does make you wonder, like to see more study. For example, if it is possible to change water by putting it through a vortex nozzle as has been suggested.

Indeed, but a glass of tap-water will cure you of absolutely anything :slight_smile:

But the most potent water is that which remembers being drunk by people who fervently believe in homeopathy, Paul. It’s quite likely that water hurries through the system of sceptics, with its fingers in its metaphorical ears and memory circuit receptors turned right down, so as not to pick up too much negative energy en route.

Yabbadabbadoo ! :zap::grinning:

3 Likes

Hello Peter, just to ‘throw’ as it were another dimension into the discussion what do you think of Lithotherapy ?

Goodness GP in Cupar in 1964, not dr Thomson by any chance? My best friend’s father :relaxed:

1 Like

Yes it does sound hocus Pocus but are their any peer review docs out their yet, doubtful as the scientific community would end someone’s career over it even if just trying it. I keep an open mind on such matters.

I guess for someone like me who has used homeopathic medicine to good effect for a good many years then I don’t understand the industry hostility towards it…

If I have a torn ligament…a twisted knee…an abscess or whatever then I know exactly which remedy I need to a) relieve pain within an hour or so and keep the pain away…and b) assist my body back on the path to healing whatever it is…

The manufacturing process of a homeopathic medicine is a very precise science to produce all the various dilutations from x to c to m etc…

And I’ll always go back to how an animal can’t be made well again by a placebo no matter how much wishful thinking by the owner…the homeopathic vets have my upmost respect…dogs cats horses so many animals where the regular vets have said there’s nothing more they can do and advise owners to put to sleep…dogs with inflamed and painful skin conditions…partial and complete hair loss…lame horses…so many cases have been resolved by homeopathic vets…x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Re. Dr Thomson, Véronique, I can’t recollect the name of the practitioner, but I suppose it might have been. Your friend would know if he was a homeopathic doctor perhaps? I can remember his surgery, and his very sensitive approach to our child and ourselves. We only paid the one visit.

1 Like

Lithotherapy, I seem to recollect it was a radical cure for adultery in the year dot, no relapses reported and only one treatment session needed to effect its complete eradication. Not very effective with as a public health prevention measure with male cohorts, apparantly.

But I think Yeshwa disapproved so it went out of fashion.

He would have been in his early 30s then I imagine, my best friend was born in their house in Cupar in 1964, on new year’s day, imagine her poor mother with all sorts of well wishers and first footers coming to see how she was getting on…

I shall ask her if he was a homoeopathic GP!
I don’t know how many GPs there would have been in Cupar in those days.

2 Likes

The Fife aunties who suggested we see him lived in Newburgh, a fair distance from Cupar, but Cupar from my recollection is one of Fife’s bigger towns, if not “the” county (kingdom) seat. :grinning:

Maybe it was bigger back then. When I was at school in St Andrews so in the late 70s I stayed there on occasion and it wasn’t exactly a big place.

Big for Fife. It had a cinema :zap::dizzy::neutral_face:

Wasn’t it known as “the wee Cupar o’ Fife”?

Ha ha, that was the wee cooper who lived in Fife nickety nackety noo noo noo, and he has ta’en himsel’ a wife etc etc alane quo rushity roo roo roo came into it. I had to sing it at school. There is also Coupar Angus, I used to get slightly confused.
My grandparents had a house in Elie, which English people often mix up with the Ely in the fens.

Tut tut Peter.

I use crystals (lithotherapy) for various reasons, they work for what I use them for … I am quoting here…

"Crystals have been used for millennia to heal and bring balance.

They are used in modern medical practices, they are piezoelectric, which means that electricity and light is produced by compression. This property is harnessed in ultrasound machines, which use a piezoelectric crystal to produce a sound wave. Sound is now being applies at the leading edge of surgery. A tightly focused beamn of ultrasound can cauterize wounds deep within the body and blast tumours apart without the need for invasive procedures."

3 Likes

You were right to tut-tut me, Ann, I was being silly again :roll_eyes:

Berlina wears crystal and she is especially fond of jade, which isn’t a crystal but she finds it soothing and uplifting.

Your info was interesting and reminded me that a crystal was at the magic heart of the first radio available to the general public. I built one myself from a kit as a little boy, but never got the hang of tickling the crystal with my whisker (ATASTTB) :roll_eyes::grin:

I do find it hard to hold “my histrionic side” in check at times. Should I have had my mother put me on the stage a la Mrs Worthington (not) ? :microphone::thinking:

https://youtu.be/l7ay6E345e0

I will give you the same answer my mother gave to me in my young days …

“Yes you can go on the stage…I hear that they are looking for sweepers” ! :rofl:

2 Likes

Mother in Law - " That was a funny jpke, I should be on the stage" !

Me - “Yes, there’s one leaving in five minutes…”

3 Likes