Horse Mutilations

Certainly must, are they a branch of Hinduism then, or something completely different?

1 Like

As far as I know they are not a branch of Hinduism, although @vero will know more than me, I was only a child when we lived among Jains and although I remember how nice they seemed, I don’t know a lot about their religion.

Whoever is doing this, it’s more than one person, they have the time, money and freedom to move around, and the tools and expertise to do it, ie, they must have a van, halters, and horse experience.
Bring back the Five Found-Outers.

No it isn’t a branch of Hinduism - it is a sort of parallel religion to both hinduism and Buddhism, so many similarities but essentially different.

1 Like

I can’t read about it - just so horrific!

A poster on another forum has had attacks in his (her) village - apparently last night 3 men were seen and the police have a description of them and the van. They are sleeping near the horses tonight.

1 Like

Just looking at Ouest France to try to find out why we have fireworks or explosions nearby, and there have been two incidents of horse mutilation in Brittany and Normandy.
How is the perpetrator getting from one area to another so fast? Is there more than one lot of people involved?
Are they trying to harm horses in all areas as a kind of challenge?

The police have many cameras on the N12, which is going to be the most likely route from Finistere to Normandy, and as they have an e-fit and another possible sighting of a van and some men elsewhere, maybe checking the cameras on the N12 during Thursday to Friday would be worth a try, or even the N164 and D700 etc.
Just looking further when I should be asleep. It can’t be the same people doing the attacks. The serious attack in the South of France was on Thursday and the Finistere and then Normandy attacks were Thursday night, this can’t be a lone operation. And some attacks such as Finistere are less serious, some like the Cotes d’Azure are very serious.

Thé newspaper today says more than 30 cases of horse mutilations covering more than 15 depts.

In 2020.

Were there cases during lockdown? If so, were they still in different departments?

The police have one suspect… but surely there must be more than just one person doing all this harm to the poor horses… some dead … some mutilated but alive…

So there’s a cluster there during lockdown.
Would it help the police to consider that?
It must be more than one person or lot of people, as you say.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.